The Venting Thread

Everything Faux news broadcasts is absolutely 100% true -- and getting news, op/eds on the internet is just listening to crazies who don't know anything, aren't news people and it's lies, all lies . . .

And if you disagree you're ignorant, stupid, snotty, delusional and worthless and are going to ruin the country.

:wall:

And yes, these people (my parents) WOULD and have made comments similar to Fran's vent, and they didn't act that way when I was growing up. It's something they've started since they've been mesmerized by The Network, exacerbated by the church they've been attending the last ten years or so.

iluvdogs

Darn it! I got all ready this morning to go to my doc's appt and I get a call 30 mins before i'm ready to leave saying they need to cxl as she got called to delivery a baby.

I wanted to go because I always like knowing everything is good..lol Now I have to wait 2 more days..lol

I even shaved my legs this morning...HA HA (very hard to do at this point)

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
This. Got a job? Got into a school? Well, it's because you're a minority. Forget the fact that 95% of the workforce is white. You got the job because you aren't. You minorities are obviously at the advantage here.

It's not usually meant in the erm..traditional..hateful scream it from the white hoods kind of way.
It's subtle, VERY KIND, humorous even..and just as annoying.

It's no fun getting compared to food products at all times. I don't call you my little whipped cream friend..don't call me your little caramel one. Starbucks drinks are just that..drinks. I am not a latte caramel whatever.

It sucks that everything you do also feels like a kind of *oh and you get an extra cookie because you're a MINORITY*
Got an A on a physics exam? "Fran, this is excellent work.. as a female minority it's so nice to see you shine so brightly in this class"
..why do I have to shine so brightly as a female minority? Do I not shine just as much just for being Fran?

It sucks having people assume you are poor or had a rough childhood, there is a lot of weird pity kindness that comes with it. This happens A LOT. A big group of friends will be making dinner plans and one will very kindly tell JUST me something like "Oh don't worry..they have really reasonably priced stuff too!" or offer to pay for me.
or people will hear I went to private school or something as a child and say something like "You are so lucky to have parents who would make that kind of sacrifice and go without so you could attend school in a nice place"
..we didn't go without because I went to private school.
..we lived in a nice area so our local public school was a nice place.. I just preferred private school.

You get a GOLD MEDAL AND A COOKIE FOR BEING "their kind" of attractive.
"Your hair is so pretty! You are so lucky you got THIS kind of hair HA HA HA"
"That is such a cute dress, you dress so preppy! Not ghetto at all :D"
"You are so lucky you got caramel skin, it's so pretty! I can't imagine being THAT dark"

This has happened to me at least 5 times
"What does your father do?"
"Oh he's a surgeon."
"You never told me you were adopted!"

W
T
F

This video is THE BEST **** white girls say to black girls lol it's a satire, but based in A LOT of truth
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ylPUzxpIBe0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EMBED NOT WORKING: http://youtu.be/ylPUzxpIBe0
I cannot believe people are like this. It honestly sickens me.

Do I think you have gorgeous hair and skin? Absolutely but I'm not going to say you grew up poor or your parents sacrificed so much for you to go to private school or this that and the other. Its stupid. Racist people disgust me.
I grew up with a terrible mom, one who physically, emotionally, and verbally abused me, and to this day still emotionally and verbally abuses me. I have actually had people tell me it was all in my head because my mom is just so great and perfect. My mom puts on a front for people and always has. No one has lived in my shoes and I wouldn't dare put that on my worst enemy.
I have heard most of my life that white kids have it good and their parents are perfect and no wrong can come to them. I'm sorry... excuse me? Wrong, just wrong.
I went to private school in 10th grade and I HATED it.
I LOVED being homeschooled in 11th and 12th grade and if I could do it all over again, I would of loved to have been homeschooled my whole life.

I am sorry you have to deal with that bullshit Fran. Racism is about the stupidest thing in this **** world.

While I am in a bitching mood, I am stressed, dehydrated, haven't really ate anything in 4 days, haven't had a cigarette in almost 2 days (not by choice), my hormones are all over the place because I got off of my birth control because it was ****ing with my body, my tale bone is completely bruised through thanks to me falling off of the bed, I can't sleep at night, I could keep going. The last week has been hell. I wish I could just sleep for the next few days and just recharge.

Ok I'm done. Sorry for the bitching.

jenv101

Bite Club
Thanks. I don't know what to do for him and his grandma is a seriously awesome lady. And there are so many parallels between the way this is going down and the way my grandma died that it's bringing back a lot of really crummy memories. I really really ****ing hate cancer. It's such a horrible way to lose people.
So sorry :( My Oma passed away last week from cancer too... I saw her about a month ago for the last time, and it was really hard to see how frail and weak she was.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Cancer does suck ass.

I lost my papa October 1999 to cancer and my uncle Jim 6 years ago this past Father's Day to cancer. Death alone sucks ass. I lost my Great Granddaddy 3 years ago this coming up February and I lost my Uncle Bobby Jack almost 2 months ago to West Nile Virus. It all sucks :(

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I think it's called not having any kids or pets. LOL
No I don't think that's the key lol... I make a heck of a mess all on my own. I don't know how I do it exactly. I TRY to be tidy as I go but it never works *looks over at the dining room table covered in mail, my purse and various random papers, ribbons and other goodies that don't belong on a dining room table* :rofl1:

Brian makes fun of me whenever we go to a hotel. He always says that within ten minutes of checking in it looks like my suitcase vomits all over the room LOL

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
No I don't think that's the key lol... I make a heck of a mess all on my own. I don't know how I do it exactly. I TRY to be tidy as I go but it never works *looks over at the dining room table covered in mail, my purse and various random papers, ribbons and other goodies that don't belong on a dining room table* :rofl1:

Brian makes fun of me whenever we go to a hotel. He always says that within ten minutes of checking in it looks like my suitcase vomits all over the room LOL
Hahaha, AGREED!

Yes, Frodo will destuff toys, Whiskey shreds paper, and the rat girls throw their litter out of the cage, but the destruction Ryan and I manage is way way WAY more than they could ever make! :cool:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I ran into a big dink when I went to vote tonight. I had a political pin on my purse, advertising against a certain presidential candidate.... standing in line to sign in and he freaking booms across the room "YOU NEED TO TAKE OFF YOUR PIN!!!" I had no idea he was even serious so I just looked at him and went "oh...?" "Seriously, YOU NEED TO TAKE IT OFF!"

First of all, I was not even aware that I'm not allowed to wear anything political when I go to vote. Also, I'm aware you're just following the rules and doing what you need to do - but is it so hard to just politely tell me, hey those pins aren't allowed, can you please remove it?

You don't redeem yourself by then saying "but for the record, I agree with you." Jerk! Trying to ruin my voting experience!

Members online

No members online now.