Dog will not give ball back (part 2)

jimmy

OK so some may of read about the dog I'm looking after and the small problem of not given the ball back when asked.

It's not such a problem, as before because she does'nt get aggro inside with the balls anymore, I just leave her be, she gets bored and thats the end of it BUT I'm a little worried she's not getting enough exersize on avergae she gets a good 1/half to 2/half hour's a day with a far bit of running she's a rotwieler 3 years old female.

This is a typical day

Morning walk around 10am with running until she wants the ball in her mouth and will not drop it, around 40is min.

afternoon walk around 4is for 30is min with running until the ball becomes her bone.

Then evening walk around 30-40is min on lead around town.

In my house she sleeps and doe'nt seem to be bothered it's not like she's chewing things up or misbehaving in anyway.

The way I see as soon as she holds onto ball the walk stops unless I've got the time to get it back, but a assume she's tired enough if she decides to hold on to the damm thing.

I only have her for 3 more weeks so not a huge problem and I'm sure her real owner never walks her as much so I can take a good guess she getting more exersize.

Any thought's on that appriceated.

lizzybeth727

In my house she sleeps and doe'nt seem to be bothered it's not like she's chewing things up or misbehaving in anyway.
If she seems comfortable and relaxed most of the time shes' not exercising, that's a good sign that she's getting enough exercise. If she does seem restless or has other behavior problems, then you might need to do more exercise or training to stimulate her mentally.

beloved1

Did you read my post about the airKong balls? In addition, try using an icecube instead of a ball. It will melt.

lizzybeth727

ooooh, good idea about the ice cube! You could even freeze water in a large cup or bowl so it'd be even bigger, more like the size of a ball.

jimmy

Thanks for replys she's very happy around the house yesterday I felt ill and we both slept on the bed for 2 hours and did'nt do much 2 walks for 30 min was all I could manage.

I will do the water thing'y, been meaning to but keep forgetting I assume you mean inside?., throwing a large lump of ice could be dodgy outside and people would think I'm mad lol.

I'm going to freeze some hot dogs, I have got her one of them balls you put the food in and that keeps her busy for a while inside.

I'm going with the idea that if shes happy inside then she's getting enough exercise I mean she must be she tires me out with all the walking.

Thanks again just wanted to double check but I feel she's fine.

B

Backward_Cinderella

Jimmy, I bet you dollars to donuts when she leaves you are going to miss her like crazy! Do you have any dogs of your own, or just her?
It sounds like you are doing a SUPER job with her, and I agree with Lizzy, if she is acting content around the house, she's just fine. :)

jimmy

No I dont have any other dogs (yet again my grammer sucks as I did say when I take the dog's out, should of been dog out lol). yes I'll miss her but I'm pritty sure when the owner gets back she will let me look after her from time to time., good to know she's content thats the feeling I get.

lizzybeth727

The ice thing you can do in the house, but it can get pretty messy very fast. I'd do it outside, the neighbors won't care what you look like!

jimmy

True I might make a huge ice cat and put all super nice stuff in there lol...I'm in the process of freezing some hot dogs I'll see how that go's inside.

I dont have a garden so its a little hard to mess around with her unless its on a walk.

I going to try food as a way of getting the ball back keep us both busy for a week.

On a side note her coller's getting loser so she's losing weight (she eats plenty) so she must be burning it off well.

I'm trying to post a picture so someone can take a look but so far no luck.

Thanks again for all your input.

Members online

No members online now.