2014 Official Chaz Fitness Challenge

FG167

I'm having such a hard time staying on track with eating.
Ugh, me too. I weighed almost 10 lbs less at my winter wedding than I will at my summer wedding. :/ Bums me out big time.

In the meantime, Body Pump is making my shoulders much more defined - so yay! (these are the exercises that Beanie posted the video of).

2014-06-22, Jentry Protection-2 by Falon167, on Flickr

Kootenay

Ugh, me too. I weighed almost 10 lbs less at my winter wedding than I will at my summer wedding. :/ Bums me out big time.

In the meantime, Body Pump is making my shoulders much more defined - so yay! (these are the exercises that Beanie posted the video of).

2014-06-22, Jentry Protection-2 by Falon167, on Flickr
Nice shoulders! I need to get started with that.

Kootenay

Oh man, I swear every muscle in my body is soooo sore. As much as it hurts to get around, it's a nice feeling! A combination of rock climbing, lifting weights (my thighs are killlllling me from squats), doing chin ups/pull ups and some hanging leg raises, and then also a whole bunch of weedwhacking to top it off, that always gets my forearms.

I'm pretty stoked, I wanted to see how many hanging chin-ups I could do in a row (I usually do 3 sets of 5 and I do usually cheat and set my feet down), and I got through 10. Going to try to build that up.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I haven't been on in a long time, holy cow. Way to go everyone!!

I'm almost down to my goal weight, just another 5lbs to go but I'm a lot more toned so all my clothes fit again, which is fabulous. I've got two 5K races under my belt, both times under 30 minutes, I'm running between 2-4 miles 3x a week, plus biking. Survivor Mud Run (5K mud run with 20 obstacles!) is in two weeks and Tough Mudder (10-12 miles, mud and 20+ obstacles) is in September.

Kootenay

I'm almost down to my goal weight, just another 5lbs to go but I'm a lot more toned so all my clothes fit again, which is fabulous. I've got two 5K races under my belt, both times under 30 minutes, I'm running between 2-4 miles 3x a week, plus biking. Survivor Mud Run (5K mud run with 20 obstacles!) is in two weeks and Tough Mudder (10-12 miles, mud and 20+ obstacles) is in September.
Awesome!! Good for you, that is all really impressive :)

That's so awesome Zoom!

Tomorrow I start on week three of C25K! Excited/Nervous for the 3 minutes straight running.

Also, was shaving my legs today and noticed muscles that weren't there a few weeks ago!

Fran27

Awesome Zoom!

I ran twice during my vacation... 3 and 2 miles. Trying to see if I can run faster, but taking it slowly (the 2 miles were at 5 mph). Unfortunately eating has been a disaster as we've been eating out all the time and my willpower has been lacking, so I've probably gained a few pounds, which I'll find out tomorrow, so I got to get back on track today.

I'm getting PiYo from Beachbody too and I'm hoping to start it on Monday, along with the running. Should be fun.

Fran27

I started PiYo on Thursday! Finally a program I can do relatively easily (although my flexibility and balance are pretty awful). I also ran 2 miles on Thursday and with the leg workout yesterday, my legs and glutes are killing me. I guess it's a good thing.

I gained a bit on vacations but lost 3 pounds already since I came back. Still 3 pounds from my lowest weight though, probably mostly water weight still, we'll see... still want to lose 5 pounds!

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
My Nike Frees are failing me for distance running.. ran a half in them& was almost crippled. I just did 5k two days ago with a moderate pace& had to tape my ankle and stop running. Anybody have any good shoe suggestions? So sad. I 100% cannot wear these for any future runs?? which means I need a new pair before Saturday lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My Nike Frees are failing me for distance running.. ran a half in them& was almost crippled. I just did 5k two days ago with a moderate pace& had to tape my ankle and stop running. Anybody have any good shoe suggestions? So sad. I 100% cannot wear these for any future runs?? which means I need a new pair before Saturday lol
I run in Brooks PureFlow now, I LOVE them. There's several different shoes in the Pure line, some are better suited for people than others depending on your needs. I would check those out. I don't think I'll run in anything else.

ASICS makes a minimalistic shoe, I tried that one when I went more minimal because I've always loved ASICS but I preferred the Brooks. You could try that too but I don't remember the name of it...

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
No running stores on this tiny island ahaha

I ended going with a pair of Asics. I hate the Asics so far.. I hope they break in better.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Been lazy. Very lazy. Haven't been out running in 6 or 8 weeks. Been umpiring, so keeping fit that way.

Jumping back in with both running shoes today, though. There is a charity 5K this evening locally. Going to go out and participate. Not going to kill myself at it, but I plan to finish.

Fran27

Been switching to the elliptical lately. I really like it. I'm still doing PiYo though so I only go 3 times a week or something... PiYo is making me pretty sore, but I'm really enjoying it.

Still four pounds from my goal. Maybe one day I'll actually reach it.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I survived last night. Not too bad considering I hadn't even laced up my running shoes since May. 28th overall (70 finishers). 25:55 and 7th among my age group.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Good job, Eddie! That's a GREAT time for a 5K!

I ran/survived the Survivor Mud Run last Saturday--5K with 20 mud-ridden obstacles. SO. MUCH. FUN. I am signing up for next month's Warrior Dash and cannot wait to get my viking helmet!

And free beer. Can't forget that part, LOL.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Good job, Eddie! That's a GREAT time for a 5K!

I ran/survived the Survivor Mud Run last Saturday--5K with 20 mud-ridden obstacles. SO. MUCH. FUN. I am signing up for next month's Warrior Dash and cannot wait to get my viking helmet!

And free beer. Can't forget that part, LOL.
I want to do the Warrior Dash SO BAD. Maybe I will go sneak a look and see how much it is again...

I've got my Color Run next Sunday. I haven't been training well AT ALL. My last run was 12 days ago according to my running app and I did about a mile. Yep, I'm screwed.

Fran27

I have two weeks left on PiYo. My body seems stronger and more toned now (I can almost do tricep push ups :p). I'm not sure what I'm going to do afterwards. I'm considering Stronglift 5x5 but my gym only has one stack rack (I thought there was none, so there's improvement), so I don't know how that would work out. I'll probably take an appointment with a personal trainer to try and figure it out (it's free every 3 months and I haven't had one in like 6). So either that or another month of PiYo, but once the kids are in school it's going to be much easier (waking up at 6.30am to workout before everyone gets up is getting a bit old).

Yesterday I also ran 5 miles for the first time. Ok it was on the treadmill, but still. Second time I reached 'the zone' and I could have kept on going, I think, just didn't want to overdo it (plus the maximum timer on the treadmill is one hour anyway)... I'm just a bit sore today, not bad at all, had no problem doing my workout this morning. Next step is increasing the incline or the speed (I'm still only going at 5mph), we'll see.

I'm back to my lowest weight of 132.5 this morning, so it took 1.5 month to get rid of my vacation weight gain. Could have been worse. I still really want to reach 129.9, just because. And maintain there.

Members online

No members online now.