Do you think Bandit could try agility?

Paige

Let it be
He cannot jump very high due to being hit by a car when he was a puppy. He does a fair bit of jumping up and down the tears in our yard and that scares me enough as he is not the soundest dog known to man kind. He hasn't gone lame in YEARS but he is more aware of his limits now than he used to be.

Anyways, I really dream of having my next dog be a sports dog. Before I take the plunge in a year or two to actually get another dog I want to try it out just for fun. In the yard and do a class with low jumps. He certainly is not going to be a competition dog but I'd like to see if its really an interest of mine or not before getting a second dog.

Do you think he'd be okay to do low jumps and do it for fun or would it be too risky? He's turning seven next month if his age has anything to do with it.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
You could call your vet and ask, and check to see if there are any puppy/flatwork classes in your area. If he's okay running around then a flatwork class would probably not be an issue.

Good luck!

Paige

Let it be
He's okay jumping too I just wouldn't want to jump him over anything often. He jumps over stuff quite a bit when we are out and about. He used to go lame a lot when he was a young hyper dog though when he'd run hard and jump out the bathroom window.

I was seriously thinking like toy dog sized jumps. LOL.

Paige

Let it be
I know he could not handle jumping as high as a dog his height would have to but I think something dinky like 6 inches he would really just be stepping over. I guess we could do something like just have the pole on the ground and just do directional stuff too right? I think he'd have fun doing that. I just don't want to risk him going lame when I've kept him sound for three years.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yeah 4 or 8" probably wouldn't be an issue; I would be more worried about contacts and weaves.

Members online

No members online now.