Daisy Update

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Well, I haven't written a whole lot about my little girl, mostly since I have been beyond frustrated with her lately. She's incredibly smart, contrary to what I first believed about her. She knows everything Sunny knows and then some, and it took Sunny a little while to get it all down...it took her a week. EXCEPT house training. Ugh. She still has accidents but I'm taking the small victories...1 day without an accident, 1 day of her going to the back door when she needs it. Yay her. :) To be fair Sunny had an accident this week since he refused to go out in the pouring rain until it was just too late. :rolleyes: I'm trying everything with this silly girl. I think she just has a small bladder. She lasts about 3 hrs before she needs to go again and she is 6 months old. Sigh. Sometimes it is shorter if she drinks alot. She has this habit of slurping water like a camel . She's slowly growing out of it. I think her previous owners left her and her sis out in the sun with one bowl of water between the two and it probably got knocked over so she learned to drink it while it was available. I hate having to fix other peoples mistakes. Sigh. That's what I do for a living though so I should be used to it. :rolleyes: Anyway besides that she is a lovely girl. She's filling out nicely (had a nasty case of whipworm and was losing weight like crazy :eek: ) and her and Sunny are inseperable....literally. She cries if he is out of her sight. I love this little girl. She's just so endearing. I am such a sucker for those puppy eyes. The ones that say "puh-lease feed me that sandwich in your hand, I'll just DIE without it as nourishment!" haha. well, that's about it. Just needs to not potty in the house and she's an dream come true. Fingers crossed for another good day!

Glad things are going well with her and she is fitting like a glove with your family. Good luck with the house training

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Thanks blue.:) Here's a picture I took today. She's doing so nicely. I think this is a great pic of her too, she looks very proud and noble, which is hard for a basset lol :D

gapeach

Big Mutts
Aww, so cute! I dunno Carey has the jowls that slurp up water also, I have to mop it up with Paper towels everytime she drinks. James gets very aggravated "whats all this water all over the floor?" :rolleyes:

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
any guesses anyone why she's 6 months old and STILL having accidents?! Silly girl. I may have to take her to the vet just to make sure her parts are working like they should, just in case.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I think some dogs just take longer to catch on that they shouldn't go in the house. It took some of my dogs long too.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Six months old? I wouldn't worry yet. I started housebreaking when my rott/husky mix was 8 weeks old, and he wasn't completely trained until 10 monts of age. :eek:

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Gempress said:
Six months old? I wouldn't worry yet. I started housebreaking when my rott/husky mix was 8 weeks old, and he wasn't completely trained until 10 monts of age. :eek:
Wow, just what I didn't want to hear :rolleyes: I read this reply to Tim and he just stared at me for about a minute and said "You're kidding right? 2 more months of this?!" Sigh. :) She's my beautiful girl though and I love her no matter how many puddles she makes. She's improving daily. Now she makes it to the back porch...that's where she stops and pees instead of the carpet at the back door. BABY STEPS...or should I say basset steps. They are roughly the same anyway :) Thanks for all the kind replies!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
LoL! Housebreaking times vary. I just named that example because that's the most difficult dog I ever had to housetrain. My golden was housebroken in 1 week, and Zeus was trained in about 2.5 months. Daisy may be trained sooner than you think, just keep at it!

Members online

No members online now.