Bernie's Learning!

After a week of hellraising howling, crying hiding, and general fussing, Bernie has finally accepted that the great wide world will be a lovely place ON A LEASH!

He truly has come leaps and bounds, literally! Sit, come, sit by the door to go out, and best of all crate training was a dream! The leash training was his greatest moment of "beaglebrattiness". Hours upon hours of bribes, play, whining, crying, and hiding, resulted in Bernie waking up, grabbing the leash, and running around the house full tilt! As others have said, NILIF is the way to go, but I generally thought that was meant for the puppy! This week, I was NILIF'ed lol. I'll post a couple of pics of him, being proud, happy, and finally relaxing by the fireplace! :D

Thanks for reading, Kym and a now sleeping Bernie!

lizzybeth727

TOO CUTE! I love those pink little feet.

Isn't it rewarding to actually see all your hard work pay off?!?! Sometimes we forget how far we've come in training, and take for granted all the hard work we've put in to teaching our dogs good behaviors. Keep up the brags and keep up the good work!

lizzybeth I actually had to look at the calendar to know that we've only been a family for 6 days! Good grief, he's taken over our home and hearts! I don't know that I'd do the puppy thing again in the middle of the coldest February known to this area, with a dog that comes from an even COLDER climate.

Pink feet? Yes, that's because we'd just spend 45 minutes outside playing tag in the snow banks in -25C weather. He loved it! I haven't thawed out yet! He loves lying by the fire thawing out.. yahhhhh right! He's just after the wood pile next to him. I'll never need kindling again! Just going to give the big chunks to Bernie to rip apart!

Kym and a wide awake, shoe chewing, cat chasing Bernie

Members online

No members online now.