Massive Midwest Meetup?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Uh oh. Just realized that both of Zuma's boyfriends may be in the same place at the same time. I feel like this is going to unfold in some sort of daytime soap opera fashion. Someone will end up in a coma, I just know it.
Ohhhhh d@mn!!! Lol then I definitely don't want Frodo to go, he'd be made to feel inferior at the mere sight of study Trav with his girlfriend! :p

Picklepaige

Two questions:

1. Is some sort of trial or event going on?

2. Would it be crazy for me to drive up there from Mississippi :D

Seriously, this sounds FUN. I have always wanted to meet more Chazzers, and a gathering of some of my favorite Chaz dogs and finally being able to hang out with dog people is very, very hard for me to deny.

My dogs are ok. Zoe is a tad snarky to dogs in her face, but is usually pretty harmless. She actually will play well around other dogs, but doesn't reallly play with them. If i'm around she stays engaged with me. Yoli on the other hand loves every dog she's ever met, except Zoe :) but they are worlds better together than were even just a few months go.

But in November, whatever we do, it shouldn't be much trouble to do things for all involved and if some dogs don't do well, that beach is huge, like a few hundred yards long so there's places to go to get away from the others and tire them out, and when you put them back in the vehicle it should be cool enough it won't matter if they're in there for a while. So everyone can have some fun, mingle and do whatever

Picklepaige

We'll be there for World Championships of Dock Dogs. Sloan has an invite and Shamoo has a strong chance. We'll likely take Backup as well.
Okay, that's what I was thinking. I know people have been talking about it, I just wasn't exactly sure where or when it was. Are spectators allowed? That sounds really, really awesome to watch.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Okay, that's what I was thinking. I know people have been talking about it, I just wasn't exactly sure where or when it was. Are spectators allowed? That sounds really, really awesome to watch.
Yup, I'm not sure about their rules about dogs that are not competing though? Most events frown on it but are not particular enough to check each dogs registry. I figure a before or after meet up is best. Unless Denis' job situation changes I have already claimed 2 weeks off from the 9th-25th so we're open to playing.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Gah this makes Aeri missing a world invite by a darn inch even more frustrating. :( Boo.
Backup likely has no chance, if that helps. LOL I doubt Quarrel does either. Sloan hit 22'11" at ISE where they take the average of your two best jumps in Las Vegas and Phoenix, the cut off is 22'11". She was pretty much unbeatable and we didn't even aim for that (we still didn't understand how to get an invite back then).

Shamoo needs to place in the top 4 of Legend dogs, I'm sure she won't place in the top 4 of Novice dogs, and while she's no where near the furthest jumping (there is one that is something like 25'!) Legend dog, we're hoping not many are at the Western regionals and/or they'll already have their invites. Fingers crossed, if she doesn't get an invite we may leave her with a pet sitter, she's a horrible travel dog.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Yea but you're able to justify being in Dubuque by having at least one dog with an invite! LOL I'll be in KY/OH/IN the month before, so there's no way I can justify it without having a competing dog and sponsors. ;)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I VOTE YES - because I have relatives in/near Dubuque. ;)

I can't bring all the dogs though. We'd be OK for on-leash stuff, and I'd probably just bring the Dobermans unless someone has specific requests.

Maisy cann be an a-hole and wouldn't be coming no matter what, probably would bring just one of the boys. Pip doesn't care for other dogs in his face and Squash gets overstimulated with large numbers of dogs, so... either way, on leash would be best.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
We could probably make an appearance.

Both mine do pretty well with other dogs. Watson can sometimes be snarky on leash though...

Off leash he is a social butterfly.

Picklepaige

I talked to some folks, and the probability of me being able to make it is very high :D I'd be coming with at least one of my friends, maybe two, and hopefully Maggie. It's a ten hour drive for me, but I could stay the entire weekend. I'm not sure how long everyone else is planning to stay, but I can easily find hiking trails and such to do with just my friends on the other days if everyone else is just planning on staying one night.

I'd be up for hiking, lake, parks, anything really. Maggie would probably have to stay on leash for anywhere not fenced in, though, which is fine with me.

SaraB

Got some more hits on good parks/trails. The Mines of Spain state park is supposed to be nice and so is Swiss Valley Park. We can arrange specifics the closer it gets! I'm super excited for this.

I would love to go, that sounds awesome and fun!

I could definitely split gas and hotel rooms with someone if we wanted to drive down together. (Sara? Lauren? Megan?)

I will most likely not be bringing a dog, as Jack does not handle hotel rooms well.

Members online

No members online now.