If humans were dogs....

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
There's just no way 99.9% of the population would be allowed to breed!

Temperament issues, allergies, joint problems, genetic defects, instability.

I was thinking about this when discussing if I'd have kids with a colleague. We were laughing that my colleague has beautiful children, but they're riddled with ill health.

If we were dogs, not many of us would pass health tests and temperament tests lol!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Would we only allow proven adults to breed? Athletes, useful people, doctors, engineers? :D

Id be a mutt. With hyper mobile joints. Someone's pet lol. Never allowed to breed!!

Red.Apricot

I have Marfan syndrome and an unstable temperament. Diabetes runs in my family. My boyfriend has beta thalassemia, athsma and depression. Thyroid problems run in his family.

We're not going to breed, though, even though there's a 66% chance I'm a ginger carrier, and a 50% chance he is. We could have ginger babies! Designer colors omg.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I have Marfan syndrome and an unstable temperament. Diabetes runs in my family. My boyfriend has beta thalassemia, athsma and depression. Thyroid problems run in his family.

We're not going to breed, though, even though there's a 66% chance I'm a ginger carrier, and a 50% chance he is. We could have ginger babies! Designer colors omg.
Psssh, the health issues will work themselves out--breed for color!!!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I have poor vision. Not horrible (things far away are blurry, so I can't read signs and such), but I do wear contacts. And my posture sucks. But, I do have perfect teeth! Never needed a retainer, braces, or any of my teeth pulled. On my mom's side, cancer seems to effect the males and reproductive issues (in older age - not a problem til you hit 45 or so) seems to effect the women. Dad's side has heart disease and joint problems.

My boyfriend suffers from mild depression, has hearing loss in his left ear, is missing one of his pectoral muscles, he needed a retainer as a kid, and has arthritis in one of his hips due to a hip surgery he had to have done (hip dysplasia, maybe?). One of his arms has double muscling, I do believe. His vision is perfect, though. I don't know about his family health - I think depression and diabetes are common.

Maybe we'll get lucky and have kids without vision/dental issues! LOL We won't even touch the hereditary tendencies...

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Ginger is a common colour here in the UK, and would actually probably be frowned upon as an undesirable colour lol. Gingers tend to be mocked!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
They're only mocked because people are jealous.
I have many ginger friends, they mock themselves!! One of my best friends is red head as is her boyfriend. They're funny :p My brothers best friend is now technically a gringer, grey/ginger. The possibilities are endless!

If I was breeding for colour I'd go for freckles!!!

stafinois

Professional Nerd
My husband was adopted, so we have no pedigree information. So was my dad. We're like breeding rescues.

yoko

I'm adopted so no background to show.

I have temperament issues. I'd definitely have to go to a pet only home with no other dogs or children. XD

Ginger is a common colour here in the UK, and would actually probably be frowned upon as an undesirable colour lol. Gingers tend to be mocked!
I can honestly say I've never been mocked -- over my hair color, lol. But the auburn shade doesn't seem to get the same reaction as the lighter reds.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Both my parents side has cancer, though more so my dads. My dad has severe allergies, and diabetes runs in my dads family, as does obesity. My moms family has heart failure, though that seems to have stuck to the males. Oh, and both sides have male pattern baldness at 20 years of age :p

I need glasses, 2 of my teeth are too small, constant migraines and allergies to pretty much everything. Oh, and I have bad asthma now, but that's due to Swine Flu/H1N1. My brother and sister turned out fine though, (well, my sister is overweight), so there's hope? :p

ETA: oh, yah, I also have depression and major anxiety issues. And ovarian cysts. When my mom makes fun of me for all my issues, I tell her she shouldn't have found the unhealthiest person around to breed to. She then points out that my sinless are fine and it's just me XD

I have myasthenia gravis -- which is one of the many reasons I knew I did not want to have children. Also, I was greatly feared I'd wind up with one with my sister's/mother's temperament -- or my dad's, for that matter, lol. And culling is frowned upon.

Other than that, though, I wound up with disgustingly decent genetics. :eek:

BostonBanker

I never plan on children, and the health issues in my family are a big part of it. Allergies and severe digestive issues, a bleeding disorder (which may have finally died out, nobody in my generation has it)...nope. The digestive issues and allergies alone made bits of my childhood terrible. I wouldn't wish them on anyone.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I definitely would be a pet...

There are a number of health issues in my background and I am quite looney :D

...also I am a snark and do not play well with most others. I am only for the experienced handler ;)

Members online

No members online now.