Silly Snoot Pictures

EddieF

Winnie, my wirehaired Vizsla, has a snoot that simply needs to be photographed regularly. Here are the latest...

LOL totally adorable!!

What's the deal with wire hair Viszlas? Are they one of those that randomly show up here and there in a breed (like long hair Shar Peis) or is it a whole other "breed"?

EddieF

LOL totally adorable!!

What's the deal with wire hair Viszlas? Are they one of those that randomly show up here and there in a breed (like long hair Shar Peis) or is it a whole other "breed"?
No it's an entirely different dog. Pretty rare in the US (only about 350) but they are more popular in the UK and Hungary, where they originated in the 1930s.

However, because they are such a young breed, there is still quite a bit of variation in the coats, and sometimes in a litter of HWVs you can get one that looks very much like a regular smoothcoat Vizsla. Sometimes it's even a year or two before they start to grow the slightest little beard and eyebrow 'furnishings.'

If you click on my signature picture that's my blog, and there are some good links there to sites that have more information about them.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Cute dog, now quit confusing people with your name! :lol-sign:

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I LOVE wirehaired vizslas! She's lovely, what a doll! If she's anything like the vizslas I know, I bet she's got the greatest personality!

Members online

No members online now.