Point and shoot suggestions

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I am currently looking for a decent point and shoot camera--to be used for taking pictures of events and activities with preschoolers. So I would like something that takes a decent picture, and does not have a significant delay to it. Other considerations--would like an easy to charge battery (long lasting), and easy to upload for computer use. Any one have suggestions?
Cost--am looking in the less than one hundred to max of two hundred range (could be with extra battery)..

Snark

Mutts to you
I had a Nikon Coolpix, was in your price range and wasn't too bad. Photos weren't always as sharp as I'd like (mostly with macro shots) but that's why I upgraded to a DSLR. The nice thing about it was that it took AA batteries - no worries about charging anything unless you wanted to get the rechargeable batteries.

CaliTerp07

I absolutely adore canon's point and shoot cameras. They are consistently rated highly, are very intuitive to use, the battery lasts a long time, and the pictures are great. I bought a dslr, but I continually use my canon P&S for most things instead of the dslr. They're reasonably priced too. I would probably go with something like this:

Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SD1200IS 10 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Silver): Electronics

Comes in lots of colors too!

Snark does have a point that the ones that take AA batteries are nice and convenient. The canon replacement batteries are pretty cheap though, so it's not a big deal to pick up another one and always have one charged.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Though I'm a die-hard Nikon DSLR fan, I'm seriously considering going with Sony or Canon for my P&S. I need something I can take out on the bike, which means little to no delay and a video function would be nice as well.

So those would be the two I'd check out.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
The only thing I dont like about Cameras that take "normal" batteries, is that they seem to die very very fast....

Snark

Mutts to you
The only thing I dont like about Cameras that take "normal" batteries, is that they seem to die very very fast....
Not if you use photo lithium batteries... My DSLR is a Pentax, it takes AA batteries and they last a good long time unless I'm constantly using a flash or trying to take lightning shots...

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Not if you use photo lithium batteries... My DSLR is a Pentax, it takes AA batteries and they last a good long time unless I'm constantly using a flash or trying to take lightning shots...
Maybe its just me!!! lol

cause I did use the lithium batteries, and they died just as fast... lol

CaliTerp07

I experienced the dying fast thing too when I had a kodak that took AA batteries, but that was at least 6-7 years ago, so I would imagine technology has evolved quite a bit since then. It's probably a stat you can read up on for individual cameras.

Members online

No members online now.