We're going to a dog show...kind of

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Well it's a fun show at our military exchange. Awards given for best tricks, biggest and smallest dog, etc.
I thought it might be fun for my oldest son to get to take our dog Smokey - he's huge so he's probably got a good shot at the biggest dog...kind of just a morale boost for my boy and something to do on a Saturday morning.
So I got Smokey's nails clipped and am going to give him a bath in a little while, so he's all pretty :) seems kind of silly for a fun show but what the heck, might as well look good too!
Also will be some good PR with having a big nice APBT in the mix...the groomer who cut his nails just loved how sweet he was.

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
that sounds like all kinds of fun! wish they had one around here. :) I remember when we were kids my brother took his shih tzu to one of those kinds of shows and he got best in show or something similar... probably the only purebred dog there lol but still he was a good looking dog. i'm biased...

let us know if he gets biggest dog!

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
There's a lot of cute little purebred dogs around here, but I haven't seen another dog over about 40-50 lbs in my area...so if that's the case he'll take the size because he's over 100 lbs.
I thought it might be nice for my son to do something and have a good chance at winning - Smokey isn't going to win any "beauty" contests but for being huge he's got a shot.
I even convinced my hubby who's not really the dog person, to go tomorrow. So it's a family outing as well, and with gas prices being what they are, at least it's only about 2 miles from the house :) temporary entertainment.

Members online

No members online now.