Fully Hand Scissored Pomeranian Teddy Bear!

This dog comes to me once a year to get a TB. The owner is a friend's mom and sister and they think she gets too hot. This dog as you will see, has a TON of coat. And it isn't a nice coat either, it very dry and gross.
The owners have been waiting for me to get my shop so I could have the equipment to do the job more easily (as in a proper stand dryer, force dryer, bath tub system, snap on combs, table, lighting) but my shop keeps being put on delay so I had to do it now.
Anyways here are the pics. I touched the dog up even more after the 'after' pic was taken but good enough.
Before

After

All the hair (with my clipper in for size comparrison)

Holy Grooming-Bill-Batman!!! That's a lot of coat...What a cutie, tho - it looks like a little fox!

Last edited:
BEAUTIFUL job!! I'm lazy and would have taken my Laube E comb on the dog first then handscissored over it. I love love love my comb collection! I would have also taken a little more off the tail, but I personally like short foxy tails on my poms. You did a gorgous job on the scissor work!

Thanks, and trust me, I would have taken a comb over her if I had had one!!!!!! The owner's mom really doesn't like it short at all so I tried to leave the tail al least (shortened it about 3 inches) And of course before you take an 'after' pic the dog has to mess up it's hair so it don't look as good. Arg!

My Laube large comb set was def a great buy, they leave between 1" and 2" depending on which comb you use. And I have one pom client where I SWEAR she must measure the tail or something before she comes in, because even if I take just a tiny bit off, she totally freaks out. It wouldn't be so bad, expect he gets taken down with a 1 comb, so he has this little skinny body and this huge long tail. He seriously looks like he should be hanging off trees or something with that tail. But mom loves it!

I am buying a grooming shop that has a full set of combs, I just never needed them when grooming at the shop I used to groom at as they supplied the combs for the groomers

thanks. it was one of my first Teddy bears on a dog that wasn't my own in about 2 ish years but will get lots more once I open shop, but then I will have snap on combs to help me!!!

Giny

You did a great job, he looks fabulous! What a cute teddy bear!

Personally I prefer the look of a clip on such breed of dog done with scissors rather then a clip on comb. If it were a breed with straight hair like for example a yorkie that needed a puppy clip then maybe I'd use a clip on comb for the back and hand scissor the legs and head. But only if the hair is straight, the rest of coat texture I find you can judge the dog's hair length a lot better with scissors then with clip ons. Some parts need longer some parts need shorter.

Members online

No members online now.