Question?? about Chloe's behavior with puppies ??

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Toby came over to play today :) Which I didnt mind because everyone was outside today because it was so nice out...

Well, I noticed that Chloe is a LOT rougher with him, than she was Missy (the puppy AngelChicken is pupsitting)...

Well, the puppies were showing normal puppy behavior,biting, being mouthy and crawling all over Chloe

The difference is, Chloe WAS allowing those things from Missy, but as I noticed today...She does NOT allow those things from Toby...

If he crawls on her, she will roll over on top of him :yikes: and she is VERY vocal growling and using her mouth to hold him down by the throat ...Oh and she will, like she did Zyzy lay on his head like she is trying to smother him :confused: and she not once did any of that to Missy :confused:

Is it because Toby is in "her" area that he is doing these things in ??

and is the difference in the behavior she showed to Missy because she was not in her own turf (so to speak) ??

The reason I ask, is because she made Toby yelp more than just a few times and I don't want her to hurt him....

A

Angel Chicken

Jess, it probably is because she is on her own grounds. She prolly didn't want to mess with Missy because she "knew" this was her stomping grounds, ya know?

She is telling Toby that she is the boss. When she was here, she didn't need to test that, as she wasn't on her own turf :)

Saje

Island dweller
I agree with the turf thing but maybe it's a boy thing too. Some dogs just prefer a certain gender.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
It could be that it's her grounds... but all of our dogs play like that-really rough. Food for thought.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I figured that, it was mainly the "turf" thing..:) but I really dont want her hurting him...which she seems to try to do...?? :confused:

Edit: just saw you posted Nicole...This was completely different than the "play" that she did with Kona and Missy..

and you can ask Laura :lol-sign: Chloe and Kona were at it all day...but this was different...its kinda hard to explain...

A

Angel Chicken

I think what Jess is trying to say is that Chloe was doing the play bow... paw easily, just mouthing (not biting) one another.. where with Toby (I have not seen this... this is just how I am picturing in my nut of a brain), she is alot more...I want to say dominant, biting and flipping him on his side.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Sounds like they have issues to work out then. ;) Just keep an eye on it and be sure that you recognize her limits.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Sounds like they have issues to work out then. ;) Just keep an eye on it and be sure that you recognize her limits.
Of course :) I will....I think they have issues too...and I was trying to let them work it out..(because when she was this was to zyzy thats what everyone said) so I guess we'll see how everything goes...

Staff online

Members online