Baxter, the friendly Dobe!

Dobes4Ever

My parents' dog, Baxter!

Click Here

You can also see him over at my dad's site.

My favorite?

He's older now, of course, he's almost 4 (just a few months away), but he STILL does that. :D

Dobes4Ever

He was the first one whose ears we taped; Zaphod and Trisha were both floppy-eared.

What we found is that both got a lot of mites, ear goo and ear infections despite a rigorous cleaning regimen, problems that Baxter has not had to the same degree. It hurt to watch the process of his ears being cropped, but it's actually been healthier for him, so that's something.

He's actually got his snout in the chow bowl in that picture; if you look close, you can see some of the remaining kibble. He gets different food now; my parents are giving him some kind of kibble-and-other-stuff mix, but I can't remember what it is. I'll ask tomorrow.

:)

Dobes4Ever

I get to see him tomorrow. I can guarantee he jumps all over me when I come back.

These days, it's hard to get flustered when he does that because he's just so excited to see me and that's always sweet.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm a little surprised though, with dogs as nice as what your dad has, you've got puppymill/broker links in your sig? :(

Dobes4Ever

I'm a little surprised though, with dogs as nice as what your dad has, you've got puppymill/broker links in your sig? :(
I'm paid to have the link in my signature when I post on the forum. I'm living on my own and making relatively little money; it helps pay my bills. I also make monthly donations to WSPA and have at times done volunteer work with dogs of various kinds.

I used to work at a place called Doogan's Pet Emporium and had to fight ridiculously hard to have the puppies treated properly. It was almost as bad as at PJ's, another pet store.

It's tough, but money's tight. :(

EDIT: If I could get an ad for something stuck on my car or if I could get a raise or something, trust me, I'd do that instead. I'm saving the money from the links to pay for some night school so I can do other work.

Members online