Oh Harley...

JessLough

Love My Mutt
So yesterday, as normal, I had all three ferrets out running about. About 2 hours later, all was quiet, so I figured I would find them and put them to bed in their cage. I hear bells beside me, so I look to see who it is, and find Harley. Beside her...an wrapper that was pretty much empty, except for a tiny amount of dark chocolate brownie left :yikes:

So, off to call my vet, who, of course, tells me it is lunch time until 2pm (was about 12:30 at the time) and that there is only one vet working right now, who is packed with patients :rolleyes: So, I call the next closest vet, who tells me to bring her in right away. So of course I frantically get my dad to call my cousin, not knowing if I could take a taxi with a ferret, and not wanting to walk her in that heat. My cousin gets her ex to come get me and bring us to the vet, poor guy was so bored in the office, not the way he planned on spending his afternoon, I am sure.

So they take Harley to the back right away, get her to vomit, after trying a few ways, she still hardly pukes at all, so she got activated charcoal. $210 later, we got home around 3pm (I think, do not really remember) and she was seperated from the boys last night.

Tomorrow Renegade has an appointment for a swollen ear, and I have to pick up Rascal's meds. My guess? atleast $400 spent on the ferrets... in 3 days.

B

Blue_Dog

Nobody ever said the ferrets were innocent. >.< I feel bad for your wallet but I hope Harley feels better. <3

Taqroy

Awwww. I'm sorry. Hopefully everyone feels better now!! (except your wallet I guess...lol)

Members online

No members online now.