Speaking of Distemper, have ???'s

I don't know much about this. How is it contracted? Is it curable? The only thing I know about distemper is one of the horse barns I grew up with had a couple of cats that supposedly had "had" distemper. Like they had it but they were "cured"? These cats were kind of weird and would walk like they were drunk. And they just seemed to be zoning out all the time and didn't know what petting or loving was. They were just plain weird. Is that what happens? Does an animal always have it? Do they just get brain damaged?
:confused:

Mordy, that was quite helpful, thank you. I surely does seem like a neurological disorder. No wonder those cats staggered...

bubbatd

Mordy, that was so informing. My first golden, Point, 1949 , had the pitted second teeth and a vet questioned whether of not he had distemper as a pup. He was the pick of the litter of one of the most respected Kennels of the time in Conn. Since this was before the shots were given, we always wondered. None of the pups were ever sick and Point was always healthy. There's no excuse for these things in puppies today.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
it's a good site. :) i don't agree with their view on heartworms and some other things, but overall it's a nice resource, so do look around and read the other articles as well.

Members online

No members online now.