NASTY poop

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
Ruckus just did a very nasty poo. it has form, but it is soft. it looks really wet and slimy and yellowish orange film over it.

awww my poor baby. could this be from the raw diet dinner i am starting to give him? is it normal when changing to a raw diet?

he is playing, eating, drinking, and as normal as can be other than this poop he let!

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
thank you very much. i was worried he was sick!
is it not odd that this just started and he has been eating raw for five days now?

Something probably just doesn't agree with him. As long as it's not bloody, or diarrhea, then I really wqouldn't worry.

Change in color occurrs often, and isn't something to fret over unless it's red!.

Dulce's are very shiny too...weird

TYhat wouldn't be a good idea. You need to be consistant.

You're seeing a change in his feces now because you switched to raw, and that's such a durastic change for a dog go go thru, even though that's how the WOlves and such do it.

Stick to it. It'll get better. I promise :)

showpug

Why are you doing that? That's really confusing his system...
Many dogs do well on a raw/kibble combination. I feed 4 dogs kibble in the morning and raw at night. They are doing fabulous with this regimen.

As long as the dog tolerates it, it is not a problem at all and it does not confuse their systems.

Dogs on occasion can have strange looking stool. The mucous isn't a big deal as long as there is no blood present. Blood AND mucous can be a sign of tapeworms.

bubbatd

To me any muscus means something isn't agreeing . Only you know what you are feeding . To me , any drastic food changes have to be made over several days . But, Mordy can answer here .

Members online

No members online now.