Christmas work

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My son wanted an owl for his boss. My granddaughter's best friend wanted one forever. I found the little bird on my desk completely forgot, and too dry to burnish. So I tried to do one last firing for the year. THe little bird fell, hit the bricks, rolled into the frozen grass, I managed to get a hold of it with the glove and tossed it into the bucket of combustibles figuring it was a complete loss. Ends up it is my favorite piece. I think where it hit the icy leaves caused the smaller cracks to form. Something that wouldn't be hard to duplicate on a cold day. My son said "you should give me the bird so I can put it by my desk at work." so I did. HE doesn't say that very often but when he does, it is automatic. So all gone again. Nothing sticks around here for long.

click for vid.

Don't you love those kinds of surprises?

I used to hope for neat surprises with red glazes -- everyone complains about them -- but mine always came out . . . red. Just like they were supposed to :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YOurs is still waiting for his mate. I am sorry I am taking so long. The first mate was broken.:(:(:(

I'm thinking of doing some more of them now; now that there's no one haranguing me to do them assembly line to make more money faster :rolleyes: Plus . . . with my new metal working toys :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
Love how the ice did that effect to the bird. Everything you do is so awesome!

Members online

No members online now.