Snowpocalypse...

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
This is our backyard from a few hours ago... Work is closed tomorrow, wohooo!

yikes, that's a lot of snow. My mom and my MIL are posting pictures of the amount of snow they have gotten. Not nearly as much as you guys. Stay safe everyone!

iriskai

Lucky. We just have rain right now, though I'd imagine it's going to FREEZE tonight. Which will make skating to work tomorrow fun. :yikes:

Snark

Mutts to you
We got about a foot so far, but the high tomorrow (without the wind chill) is supposed to be -3ºF. Yo, Canada, take your cold air back!! :p

It's not really heavy heavy snow but it's been soo steady and for over a day. Just, a lot of snow.

I am not looking forward though to the -40 windchill tomorrow. At all.

My dad and I just took a trip to Cabela's and it was a mad house, but I got some comfy sweatshirts and pants and plan on staying toasting all tomorrow.

Everyone stay safe!!!

Gypsydals

Schools are closing all over here already. The snow here is deep enough for me to loose my puppy in it. I had to shovel her a spot so she can potty. Hopefully it stops soon, other wise I'm going to be back out there again.
I'm really not looking forward to the below zero tomorrow with out the windchill factored in.

Yeah, and tomorrow morning I have an appointment to get my snow tires put on. I'm going to be all kinds of sailor cursing if I can't get out in the morning.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
No work tomorrow for me! I've shoveled four times and it still looks like I've touched nothing. Abrams is having a blast, though.

My work is closed too! Yay! -15 tomorrow, wind chills -40. Nobody needs to be outside.

I checked about two hours ago and it was at 14.5" then. The wind is starting to pick up now so it's probably drifting some. I'll check again in the morning.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
We already got all our snow / below 0 weather! I missed it because I was in NY and it was like 25 degrees there, so I can't complain. We still have tons of snow though! :)

AmberD

I got to try out my snow thrower this morning in my drive and my parents' drive (they're 3 doors down lol). Nifty, but then this afternoon the snow went crazy, and now you can't really tell where I did anything. It's still snowing, but there was a report that the plows out until 5am. So glad I didn't have to work today, and I'm off the next two days. Not only do I not want to drive if I don't have to, but I work on commission, so going to work when no one wants to get their dogs groomed is a giant, boring, waste of my time.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
They suspended all plowing in rural areas here but are going to keep trying to dig everybody else out in town. I'm not excited about my chances of getting out tomorrow. My co-worker has yet to text me and tell me we're not open tomorrow... but I doubt I'll be able to make it off my road without getting stuck. Cars and trucks both are getting stuck all over town here. A friend said there's a truck stuck out in front of her house, the driver couldn't get it out so they abandoned it with the flashers on and now it's getting covered by drifting snow. The drifts are really crazy. One spot of my street in the center is almost bare to pavement, but it's drifted up at least a foot in other spots...

It's really just not safe to go out tomorrow... I wish he'd just text us and tell us to stay home. =/ I'm worried they'll both try to get there even if I can't get out and I don't think either of them should go.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Beanie, I'd definitely stay in if you can. It's just not worth risking your life or either damaging your car.

It's still snowing here... Just got back from clearing the driveway the 3rd time and now looking forward to the cold. Uugh.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
And here Georgia is canceling school because it'll be a low of 16 tomorrow!!!! And all we have is cold we mud! :rofl1:

Snark

Mutts to you
I don't think I'll be getting to work tomorrow either, saw a plow this morning, about 8 inches ago, and that was that. It's thirty miles to work, half on rural roads - not worth wrecking the van, or getting stranded in -30º wind chill.

This morning - the horses thought I was a bit loopy to be standing out in the snow instead of feeding them...

This morning's path to the house (from the barn), since shoveled several times today.

ACooper

Schools are closing all over here already. The snow here is deep enough for me to loose my puppy in it. I had to shovel her a spot so she can potty. Hopefully it stops soon, other wise I'm going to be back out there again.
I'm really not looking forward to the below zero tomorrow with out the windchill factored in.
Kevin has snowblown our drive and walks twice today...both times he blew out potty spots in the backyard for Crowley, lol Crowley is much shorter than your Phoebe....it doesnt take much snow to reach his belly haha

As far as weather...we are in official 'state of emergency' since 6pm today.

SpringerLover

I wish we were getting a blizzard instead of just effing cold weather! Current temp is -16 but it "feels like" -41. Tomorrow I work both jobs. Retail one will never close but if it stays this cold, I have a feeling the rehab one just might!

Members online