Is giving used books as gifts not ok?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I should add I am used to getting used books, my dad usually gets one for everyone in my family for Christmas. :)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I think it just depends on the person recieving it. I don't know if I'd be comfortable giving a used book to someone I don't know for sure if they like books. However, as a college student as well..... screw them. Used books for all! :rofl1:

I should add, most people I know this year are getting a heart felt letter in a card and some kind of small christmas candy or other small gift.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm a big book lover, and would not at all be offended by use books. One thing to keep in mind though, is how old the book is and if the recipient has allergies. I am allergic to books whose pages have gotten musty--my eyes water, my nose runs, and I sneeze. It's a huge pain in the butt when I'm shopping for books at garage sales--I'll find one that's awesome but if the pages are yellowed and sort of musty I know I'll never be able to read it for more than 10 minutes.

So yes to used, no to being used to the point of producing allergens-lol.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
All the gifts I am giving is either bought used or baking. All in good condition things. Some are books, some clothes, may toys and so on. Everything is used and got really cheap. It is the thought that is suppose to count. They should be thankful just to get something and the fact that you took the time to find them something they are interested in is even better.

Members online

No members online now.