Dog sweaters

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
With cooler weather approaching, I'd like to get Gracie a sweater/coat. She has absolutely NO hair and Mike keeps his apartment ~ 60 degrees in the winter. She'll freeze her little frizzle off.

But, because Mike is Mike, I'd like to get something that is either easy to take on and off, or won't be uncomfortable for her to wear most of the time. I'd be great if it covered her belly, as that is really where she is naked.

Any good brand names I should be looking in to? Is sizing for a Dachshund (long body, short little legs) going to be any different?

Gracie thanks you all in advance!

JacksonsMom

I really like the SimplyDog stuff (mostly sold at Walmart). It's cheap yet it works well and is nice quality. Jackson is near impossible to fit, but this stuff fits him great! Check out walmart.com

Also, BaxterBoo often has awesome cheap deals. :)

Or you could also find an etsy seller to custom make to her measurements -- lots of people make stuff for not terribly expensive.

The only reason I'd think sizing would be different is if the sweater has legs... make sure they're not too long for her little legs!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
With cooler weather approaching, I'd like to get Gracie a sweater/coat. She has absolutely NO hair and Mike keeps his apartment ~ 60 degrees in the winter. She'll freeze her little frizzle off.

But, because Mike is Mike, I'd like to get something that is either easy to take on and off, or won't be uncomfortable for her to wear most of the time. I'd be great if it covered her belly, as that is really where she is naked.

Any good brand names I should be looking in to? Is sizing for a Dachshund (long body, short little legs) going to be any different?

Gracie thanks you all in advance!
Yes, for sure. You'll want to look at Dachshund specific makes. http://www.weinerwraps.com/ has cute coats and a funny name. LOL

Toller_08

When I had Dachshunds I had good luck with this place: http://www.dogedesigns.com/products.htm

That was years ago now, but their products fit the dogs better than any other coat we'd tried at the time. I don't think the ones we had covered their bellies, but they might have something that does. The weinerwraps.com ones look really cute, though! I wish I'd known about them at the time.

I also really like chillydogs.ca but they don't cover the belly. They are super easy to take on and off though and keep the Dobermans nice and warm.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Arson really is naked. I've bought 4 pairs of jammies now. Most of the jammie people also make coats, and most of them custom tailor them.

Loads of suggestions in this thread Jammie Thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Thanks, all! The temp dipped down to the mid 40's today and poor Gracie was shivering as soon as she stepped outside. I'm going to measure her this evening and hopefully get her a jacket by next week.

Members online

No members online now.