How well trained are your cats?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Yes you can train them lol.

My cats all respond to No and will stop right when i yell or say it back up and carry on. They all respond to their names. They also all have to sit before they are fed.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
One of my cats, Max, is really well trained. He knows "sit" and "up" (where he sits up on his hind legs like a dog). Sometimes if I'm working with obedience on Zeus, and Max smells the treat, he'll walk next to the dog, do the "sit" with him, then yowl until he gets a treat, too. It makes a great party trick!

Saje

Island dweller
My cats think all of their names are "mini" and they come running to that. I think I'm going to start calling "tuna" because I only call them when I feed tuna. But will they think their name is tuna then???

And that's about it. :D

Richie12345

I taught my cat how to sit and stand. Then my freakin cat decided to stop listening to me...

Sheba

I W A L R
Tiggy knows come :) Figgy knows dont-run-away-when-I'm-on-the-bed.Tiggy also knows up, when you pat on the bed or couch, which this works for me, and she also knows to stay still when only I am jumping or stepping over her...she runs when my dad tries to step over her!I did a twist-and-jump over her once!

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
You can train cats??? Hmmm.....I guess I missed the boat there.....I DO know that CATS can train HUMANS..... :)

They come when I call them, but that's about it LOL. Let's hope I do a better job with the dog!

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
I taught my mom's cat how to sit, stay, be a bear (gets on hind legs), and come!! Actually it took 1 try to learn it all!!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
I have one cat who will follow absolutely no commands (Is it ever really a command with cats? I think of it as more of a request!) and one that knows all of the basic dog obedience commands (Save heel - that's something I'll never need him to know how to do) and some agility commands as well.

Neither one likes to come when called - it means they are having to go in their house for the night.

You don't train cats. You reach a mutual understanding. Gonzo used the toilet. None of mine get on anything that ever has food on it, i.e. kitchen counters, dining tables, etc. We just don't do that. They understand and value the niceties of civilized living, lol!

Roxymama

LOL Im not sure if my cats are "trained" They both know their names, but when I call them I get the look that says, "I'll get back to you on that." Minnie is my lazy girl. BTW there is NOTHING mini about her LOL She dosn't do much of anything save sleeping and eatting. LOL Mysti is my baby and just does her own thing. Although she is corrupting my puppy! Im trying to teach her "COME" and "OFF" and of course Mysti sneaks up and pounces.... which then makes those comands fly right out the window!

Members online

No members online now.