the daily sketch

Katja

Hm, which one should I put here.. let´s see...

One from when I was 10 years old:

Ok, GSD... It´s little older actually done couple years ago..

Here goes:

Bye, Katja

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i had intended to put up a sketch each day just for fun..as an excersize and hope that other people would feel free to post anything from their doodles on out here..i am glad that you have posted..Katya..and i hope you come back and post anything you please that is animal related! My puter is screwed up and i cannot attach right now..this is making me crazy. I am glad other members are partaking anway..i will join you as soon as i can. I THINK YOUR 10 year old CAT IS PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you ever think that there is something there that after you learn to put in every single hair and shadow..that is hard to capture that again? I can't think of a better way to say what i am trying to get at..i am trying to get that back. a spontinaiety..(SP?), the pure fun and not grinding work that realism requires (and most people don't realize..did you see Cyril's thread about his latest? if you haven't i will go get it.

Katja

Hi!

Common put on your stuff or no one is working on anything at moment?

Bye, Katja

Saje

Island dweller
I can't draw at all. :( And I know Smkie would if her computer was working properly. I love your work!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i feel badly that i started this and can't post..sooooon i will be back to normal, by the first of next month at the latest.Katya did you see the Year of the dog thread? I was going to try a bead work but time is so short now that i am going to concentrate on getting my chaz on wheels painting, it will be the largest i have ever attempted. I wish i had a site like yours to share..sigh
( i believe that Richie is working on something but being shy..Babyblues has done some nice stuff and Sunnypup? where are you?)
katya do you ever sketch just for no reason..doodles? I was once told while i was in school (Kansas City Art Institute) that the artist ( it was mock interviews by proffesional visiting artists) would not hire me for my finished work but he would for my journals. At that time i had not much experience with anything but a pencil. I was terribly unprepared for what was expected from the at the beginning. I truly believe that is where my best skills are in the "sketch artist" area. I haven't had the money or the hours (single mom two jobs) to work on my skill level of finished work. I would like to see your fun stuff if you have any. There is a great amount of lovely people here that are just being shy..this was my attempt to draw (no pun intended) them out a little. Hope it works. I am really hoping they show up for our fun Year of the Dog show or i am going to feel pretty silly all by myself.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i cant scan..i cant e-mail, either by reply or fresh..i can open at least but it makes me nuts. I can't attach either. Other then Chaz that rendered my computer absolutely useless for me. the only reason i could post my halloween pics was i had my brother scan them for me but i don't feel comfortable showing up there every other day. I use my scanner at least that much.

Selkhet

Den Mother
I have a bunch of drawings, but I only have this one scanned in. I usually draw horses, but here's a fish. :)

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I love koi..oh my that is just beautiful! i use to keep fancy goldfish, was very careful where they came from and found drawing them to bring me a great peace.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
the first is my all time favorite ( i am such a sucker for a pointer in the first place) the greens are gorgous,especially with those eyes, and the reflection really sets everything off and then goes beyond..i reallllllllly like that pic!!!

Katja

smkie said:
Katya did you see the Year of the dog thread?
katya do you ever sketch just for no reason..doodles?
Hi!

Didn´t see the dog of the year thread, somehow I just don´t manage to find it..hehe.. will try with search later.

I am sketching less and less because I mostly work with oils now.. and the rest of the time my son and my two boys take (hard to imagine that sometimes you just erm, how should I call it.. fall in and turn off the world arround you while painting). I have been thinking to include sketching into my "bussines". Not so detailed as people like but looks nice too..

Very nice Koi I must say.. keep it up!

Bye, Katja

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i sent you a pm...and an e-mail katja just in case..wanted to make sure you could find it

shyeow2

Shirley from Malaysia
Smkie,

i m poor in art, but will try to join in the fun.. will post some sketches tomorrow..
by the way, so many artist here, i m impress.. and good photograher too.. well done guys.. ;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Sheow that is marvelous..(and you said you couldn't draw!!!!!) I absolutely love this drawing and think you should give yourself a ton more credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
SHeow! That is amazing!!! You shouldn't underestimate yourself...that is a great drawing!!!! Good job! :)

Members online

No members online now.