Train-off

bubbatd

I was so looking forward to this program and I'm so disappointed !!! This should have been the greatest Chaz Dogs ! Cheezy !

noludoru

Bored Now.
Wait.. So if we teach our dog a trick, the judge decides if it's perfect enough..? Or how would that be judged? By completion? I'm not sure I understand how it would be 'judged' other than by completion.
That's why a poll is a better idea, IMHO. Many different people can view the videos and choose who they think did it best.

We should also make some criteria to judge by, things like willingness to perform/ enthusiasm, completion of task, hesitation etc. and we also need to make sure we are all training up to the same level as in, do the dogs have to be at the point where they are off hand signal and on to only vocal command or does it not matter? Just some ideas.
I don't think it matters, at least not to me. How about hand signal or voice command, the trainer can choose. I LOVE your judging criteria, though.

Maxy24

Alright now we need someone who wants to choose the trick. I say we give until Tuesday or Wednesday for people to notice this thread then that person (should it be someone who is not entering a dog?) can start a new thread where they describe the trick that is to be taught. I think we should be given 8 days (yes, I have to make things difficult) so that the first day can be used for clarification where members can ask the OP questions if they do not understand exactly what the dog needs to do.

OK so anyone want to be the one to make up the trick for this train-off?

And do they have to make a back up trick as well for those who's dogs know the trick? Or should those members sit out until the next train-off? (I'd say if more than two members have to sit out for that reason, we'd need a new trick).

Dekka

Just try me..
I think its better on a hand signal.. depending on the trick and the set up.

For a trick suggestion (and not one I have seen anyones dog do) is to close a door. Could be any door.

mrose_s

BusterLove
ooo, I like the door one. Could add judging criteria like how far away the dog can be sent from and still close the door.

Maxy24

We can let the handler choose whether they should be on hand signal or voice command I think. But I think everyone needs to be passed the point of luring if you lure. Dekka, That's a good trick idea, I don't recall anyone saying their dog could do that. Should we wait until tomorrow to start the official thread so that more people can see this one first or should you just post it today? I do think we need to start a new thread though so no one misses it, plus that is where the videos will be posted. Dekka, if you start the new thread today then the videos will be due by 11:59pm on Monday (obviously not tomorrow but the next Monday) which will give us 8 days. If you post it tomorrow then videos will be due the same time Tuesday.

Does that sound good or should be just stick to seven days so there is no confusion? I don't care either way as this is not a hard trick to understand. Once we choose when they are due (whether it's 7 days or 8 days), Dekka you need to write the deadline in the thread you make that says what the trick is.

SpringerLover

I've been doing this with a friend... but we choose C-WAGS "activities" and they are a LOT of fun! Mostly obedience things broken down... most need props but make shift stuff works!

I'm game for a Chaz train-off too!

Let the games begin! :)

Members online

No members online now.