Macadamia Nut -- Temporary Puppy

Shai

& the Muttly Crew

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
i read back like 5 pages and cant see anything leading up to the hardware in the leg whats the story? :confused:
I tried to post links to the initial thread but the spam filter seems to have eaten it somehow? Anyway if you go to post #51 it has links to what happened and the immediate aftermath. Basically Cookie ran full tilt into a concrete cistern lid and broke her femur with the force of her own momentum.

An object at lightspeed tends to stay at lightspeed until it hits concrete. And then something will break. Probably not the concrete.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Holy crap she's got a huge now!
She has grown so much...still a geeky kid but it's easy to see the adult she will become!

I need proof that those pictures are of Cookie & not Mira. a picture of both dogs, please.
Mira is hairier lol. And in the face profile pic you can kinda tell her left hip was shaved ;)

I'll try to get some pics of them together. It was sunny and gorgeous today and they were all in especially high spirits so Cookie went out by herself or with Webster as I don't want her sprint-wrestling with Kim & Mira just yet.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
PROOF: Cell phone picture taken this morning:

Yay for Cookie! Continued full recovery vibes in case she isn't quite there yet!
You are correct, she's not quite 100% yet. Thank you for the vibes! I don't let her go running with the girls when they are jazzed up -- don't want her jostled mid-run. And I don't let her do everything she's old enough to do in agility, for instance tear through a curved tunnel -- because this is a dog who broke her own femur with the force of her own momentum. She doesn't do anything halfway. Her first time through a curved tunnel she banked the walls moved it despite decent sandbagging...and she was only 20lbs at the time (I have to really bag it down for Mira but thought I would get away with just a few for the puppy to make it easier to move...nope...). But she is making great headway and allowed to work on autodowns on the table again, finding two-pole weave entries, playing the bang game on a low teeter, yadda yadda. Straight stuff. She is happy to be involved once again :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Remind me how you're able to say no to keeping that little Mira mini-me?
Mirapups in a year. Can't keep one if Cookie stays. And she's her breeder's keeper puppy -- they are looking forward to having her back home!

Equinox

She is so, so stunning. I was actually going to say that she looked all grown up already, until I saw her next to Mira -

I still can't believe how mature she looks, though!! What a gorgeous girl. Also sending continued good thoughts for a speedy full recovery, but glad she's able to run around now.

Mirapups in a year.
AAAHHHHHH!!!! <3

That is all.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I still can't believe how mature she looks, though!! What a gorgeous girl. Also sending continued good thoughts for a speedy full recovery, but glad she's able to run around now.
Thanks :) She's at that funny teenage stage where one moment she looks utterly mature, and the next she looks like the geekiest puppy who has ever lived lol. Of course the shaved hip doesn't help her image ;) Still has a partly-grown lion cut going on...but only her left side. Right side has adorable babydog feathering coming in :) and her tail is starting to get trim too!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
MacNut update :)

She's doing well back at home, settling in and gathering giant hordes of toys in all her favorite nests. She has schmoozed the matriarch and has played with every dog that she can talk into a game.

She's just barely shy of 11 months old now...time flies.

Photo is courtesy of one of her breeders. Happy smiley teenage CookieMonster :)

Toller_08

Such a pretty girl! I'm glad to hear such a positive update, not that I expected anything else. But it's still nice to hear she's doing so well. :)

Members online