It's Tea Time

Torch

I'm another who just makes do with cheap lipton black tea. In the microwave too :) But hey, when you're broke, you do what you gotta do. I use a little sugar and honey in mine. Been drinking it that way since I was knee high to a short sheep. My papaw is a tea lover and got me hooked.

I hear you, Torch. I wouldn't have any good tea except a friend sent me a stash -- and I've been hoarding it :) The rest of the time my ultra-inexpensive Luzianne Creole coffee is my brew (less than $4 for the just-under-a-pound brick and you use half as much of it as you do regular coffee).

And I think it tastes awesome ;)

Saeleofu

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I got a TON of tea for Christmas! A bunch of random ones from the Spice Merchant from my brother, and some Republic of Tea chocolate peppermint from my parents. I also got an electric kettle (which DOES bring the water to a full rolling boil!) and a glass tea pot with a tea press infuser. When you press the tea down, it seals it off completely so it can stay in the pot without making it bitter. I also got a set of drawers to keep it all in. OH! And some tea tins!

The chocolate peppermint is actually really good. They had it out for samples at World Market the other day, and I didn't much care for it, but it was cold, had been out all day, and I got the last drops from the bottom of the pot. Freshly made with a splash of milke it's REALLY good!

Grab

I'm another who just makes do with cheap lipton black tea. In the microwave too :) But hey, when you're broke, you do what you gotta do. I use a little sugar and honey in mine. Been drinking it that way since I was knee high to a short sheep. My papaw is a tea lover and got me hooked.
We're generally broke, but I hoard my tasty tea when I can pick some up, lol.

Saeleofu

I somehow though it would be a good dea to drink and ENTIRE pot of tea while watching the Doctor Who Christmas special (the pot only lasted about halfway through...shame).

I tried Gold Rush this time, and it was VERY good. Just a hint of fruit, with a rich, pure black aroma. It's not TOO fruity, and is perfect with just a splash of milk. Scroll down a bit, here: http://www.spicemerchant.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?next=36&cart_id=1356503791.30979&product=Tea

Also, I just realized I can order from The Spice Merchant online and pick it up in the store! Brilliant!

Saeleofu

Does anybody here really like Rooibos teas? I have several I got to sample, and I just...ew. I tried earl grey, orange, and plain, and just no. I do like the honeybush ones, but not the regular rooibos.

If you actually like this stuff that smells and tastes like rotten tomatoes, PM me your address and I'll be happy to send it to you.

ETA: That is as long as you don't mind that they're opened. Even the ones I haven't tasted are open because as soon as I get a tea package I have to open them all and smell them :rofl1:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Rooibos is awesome - especially vanilla.

Have you tried a black/rooibos blend with vanilla or chocolate flavoring? That would probably be a good introduction.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
This is all so unfair! I love everything about tea.. I love the little tea sets, I love tea time dresses, I love tea snacks, I love pretty tea cups, I love the idea of tea, the smell, I love pretending to have a british accent when I drink it..

Why do I hate tea?! I want to like it so bad!!

Saeleofu

This is all so unfair! I love everything about tea.. I love the little tea sets, I love tea time dresses, I love tea snacks, I love pretty tea cups, I love the idea of tea, the smell, I love pretending to have a british accent when I drink it..

Why do I hate tea?! I want to like it so bad!!
Maybe you just haven't found the right tea? I don't like rooibos or oolong, and white and green are just tolerable. I really LOVE most black teas and herbal teas. The concept of not liking ANY tea really just baffles me, because they all taste so different.

Also, I'm no longer a fan of bagged tea. Tea was always really bitter, and I figured that was just part of being tea, just like part of being coffee. Turns out properly brewed whole-leaf tea is rarely bitter, and can be a bit sweet even without adding sugar.

What fruits do you like? A good starting place would be to try an herbal tea made with your favorite fruit(s), then going to flavored teas with your favorite fruit. I LOVE Adagio's Blood Orange tea. Also, try it plain, try it with just sugar or honey, try it with just milk, try it with milk and sugar/honey, and see how you like it.

vscntkz

Chuc cuoi tuan vui ve va nam moi hanh phuc.
Tiep tuc dong gop cho dien dan cua chung toi nhe.
Than men

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I used to think I hated tea, too. I actually had just never tried a tea that I liked. There are so many and they're all so different, I just had no idea they all existed. Any time I was offered tea, it was always black tea, so I had no idea there were other varieties. I'm not a huge fan of black, but I love rooibos and herbal. Hibiscus is my current favorite. Vanilla rooibos with cream and sugar will always be one of my absolute favorites.

Maybe you just haven't found the right tea? I don't like rooibos or oolong, and white and green are just tolerable. I really LOVE most black teas and herbal teas. The concept of not liking ANY tea really just baffles me, because they all taste so different.

Also, I'm no longer a fan of bagged tea. Tea was always really bitter, and I figured that was just part of being tea, just like part of being coffee. Turns out properly brewed whole-leaf tea is rarely bitter, and can be a bit sweet even without adding sugar.

What fruits do you like? A good starting place would be to try an herbal tea made with your favorite fruit(s), then going to flavored teas with your favorite fruit. I LOVE Adagio's Blood Orange tea. Also, try it plain, try it with just sugar or honey, try it with just milk, try it with milk and sugar/honey, and see how you like it.
Pretty much this I used to think I HATED tea turns out I just hate southern sweet tea unless its mixed with fresh lemonade. And Most bagged tea I cant stomach other then Herbal. And Ill take your unwanted rooibos!

Saeleofu

ALL MY TEAS!

http://imgur.com/a/TSpMk

Actually, only the loose teas. I still have some bagged tea.

Eventually I will review each one on my blog, complete with a picture of the loose tea and the brewed tea. The loose tea picture are out of the way now until my next shipment comes in - I'm getting decaf vanilla, honeybush vanilla, white tangerine, and honeybush hazelnut from Adagio for free with my Frequent Cup points :D Turns out I like honeybush, but I don't like redbush/rooibos.

(edited to fix link)

Last edited:

Members online