Quick kibble question!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ok so, I ended up with 6 bags of kibble. Six. It's going to take forever for me to get through 6 bags. And the rescue can't use them, as they are too high quality for their bellies.

So... Can I freeze them or something, in hopes of them lasting longer? It's easily $300 worth of kibble, and i really can't afford to throw it away :p

lizzybeth727

My friend always freezes kibble, she only brings out a couple days' worth at a time.

I do wish I had a big freezer to be able to do that, my dogs' food went on sale this week, but only in the 40-lb bag, which would take us a couple of months to go through. I'm afraid it'll go stale in that time. I'm probably just being paranoid, but still.... It'd be nice to be able to freeze it.

Yes, definitely freeze it. The bags, if unopened, would technically be good until their expiration date, if kept in a cool, dry place - probably even longer if frozen.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I bagged all the food into 2- week amounts (the bags were for the most part open already). I have enough food to last me until March 2013, atleast LOL

Members online

No members online now.