Anyone Interested (deaf dog diary)

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
Skye should be comming home in about a week, for those that dont know, Skye is a 100% bilaterally deaf great dane puppy.

now im thinking about putting together a blog (written kind of from Skyes perspective but occasionally form mine too) that essentially chronicles his life here with me. not even just a general "today i whent to the park" but how trainign with each indiviual sighn is going, his progress, how he reacts to certain things as a deaf dog.

whe i had king i always got alot of questions about him, how he lived being a deaf dog. im thinking it might be a cool thing to essentially chronicle every day of a deaf dogs life for others that might be interested in taking on a deaffie of any breed of their own but want some idea of what there getting into, of just for those that might be interested in what goes into training a deaf dog or living with one, or for those who might simply be generally interested.

Im also planning on feeding him a Raw diet, so that might be something else interesting to chronicle, how thats going, what new meets weve introduced, how he reacts to it ect.

if you think its a good idea please let me know, if youd like a link once its up and running please again, just let me know.

There will also be pictures of him as he grows up and we follow his adventures.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I'd love to read it :)

Wow, I can't believe you're finally getting your dane. I know you've wanted to rescue a deaf pup for the past year or so!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i know, at this point its very hard to keep calm, but i dont think itll realy hit untill hes finally home and in my arms. at which point i think ill end up laying in bed staring at his crate to make sure he doesnt just up and dissapear on me through the night.

isnt he absolutly adorable. Hell be 8 weeks old on the 6th of May and will be comming home on the 8th if all goes to plan.
i cant wait.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I would love to read it!!!! I love Tosca's blog, and several others I've perused, and having a deaf dane blog would be great! It probably would really help people to understand deaf dogs, and you could probably get a lot of dane sites to link to it. Please, if you get it up and running, would you PM me a link or put it in your sig? (Just something I can't miss, even if I'm gone a few weeks/months)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Awww, he is such a cutie!

It's funny how so many chi owners are also great dane owners... I see it a lot. I love danes... they are such gorgeous, sweet dogs :D I'd love to have one someday!

Members online