The Venting Thread

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Has your family been checked for any clotting disorders? My dad had a blood clot years ago and turns out factor V runs in our family and everyone that gets it passed on clots easy and needs to be on Coumadin. Luckily I did not get it. Many of his brothers and sisters are on it though. With that many people getting clots it's likely something's going on.
Yep we have factor V. My sister was the first one to ever clot and she was only like 24 years old at the time, so they tested her for eeverything and then from there the rest of us got tested. The only ones on coumadin though are the ones who have actually clotted.

And then when they DO find somewhere to board, they realize in a panic - usually the day before they are leaving - that all of their vaccines are overdue and they need to get in RIGHT NOW MY DOG IS BOARDING TOMORROW NOT 4 PM NOT 5 PM RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW AHEEEEEEEE.
Oh God so much this. Planning ahead is always such a foreign concept lol.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Somebody keeps calling my cell phone. From Arizona. I don't know who it is. Finally answered today, and it was some guy that I've never heard before in my life. But, he knew my name. I, of course, did the adult thing and pretended to not be me. :p

He needs to stop calling or else he's going to find himself blocked. Cannot chat on cell phone to somebody from ARIZONA.

joce

Yep we have factor V. My sister was the first one to ever clot and she was only like 24 years old at the time, so they tested her for eeverything and then from there the rest of us got tested. The only ones on coumadin though are the ones who have actually clotted.

Oh God so much this. Planning ahead is always such a foreign concept lol.
Do you know for sure if you have it? Your first clot can kill you. I can't believe that they wouldn't put you guys on anything before you throw a clot. Thats insane!!!!!! i'd be at my dr throwing a fit! They tested our entire family and anyone with it is on coumadin now.

My poor dads levels are never right and he has to go to the cancer clinic to get his blood drawn constantly but everyone else is pretty constant. Its a lot worse if you stroke out from a clot :yikes: I'd raise hell with those drs. Some people get the blood thinners and filters. Thats really scary.

Grab

Somebody keeps calling my cell phone. From Arizona. I don't know who it is. Finally answered today, and it was some guy that I've never heard before in my life. But, he knew my name. I, of course, did the adult thing and pretended to not be me. :p

He needs to stop calling or else he's going to find himself blocked. Cannot chat on cell phone to somebody from ARIZONA.
Hey now, I live in arizona:p I'm a girl though, and I talking on the phone gives me anxiety, so I'm not your stalker

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Hey now, I live in arizona:p I'm a girl though, and I talking on the phone gives me anxiety, so I'm not your stalker
LOL at first, I thought for sure somebody misdialed, because the area code they have is 623... My area code is 613. Then it happened multiple tines and I kept cursing how stupid they must be.

I don't know how anybody is Arizona has my phone number, though!

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Last October, I had a dog run into me at work and totally $&*^# my knee up. I was out of work for two weeks (then limited to computer/data entry for another couple when I went back) plus a few months of physical therapy.

Today? SAME **** THING HAPPENED. A dog slammed into the same knee and it cracked, twisted and gave out just like it did before. It isn't quite as bad as last time, thank goodness, but it's still bad. I'm out of work for at least a bit.

So the two shitty things about this: I need to find a new job. :( I can't keep getting injured like this; eventually it's going to permanently impair the function in my knee. I never in a million years thought it would happen a second time; so what about a third? Fourth? It seems unlikely but so did even one repeat.

Two: my supervisor took my boys home with her (which is awesome.) But all I want right now is some Rowan cuddles while I lie in bed. Logically I know it's the best thing for right now. Riff still has a big jumping problem and is excitable in general and liable to hurt me even more just with his enthusiasm. I can't bring Rowan home and not Riff, because that's completely unfair to Riff. But darn it, I want my Rowan. :(

/whine

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Do you know for sure if you have it? Your first clot can kill you. I can't believe that they wouldn't put you guys on anything before you throw a clot. Thats insane!!!!!! i'd be at my dr throwing a fit! They tested our entire family and anyone with it is on coumadin now.

My poor dads levels are never right and he has to go to the cancer clinic to get his blood drawn constantly but everyone else is pretty constant. Its a lot worse if you stroke out from a clot :yikes: I'd raise hell with those drs. Some people get the blood thinners and filters. Thats really scary.
Hm weird. I have it, 3 out of my 5 siblings have it, both my parents have it. My dad has clotted twice and is supposed to be on long-term coumadin but he chooses not to. My brother clotted about 2 years ago and he's still on coumadin. My sister clotted like 7 or 8 years ago and she's on coumadin just because she's super paranoid without it, so she specifically asked to be put on it. But those of us who haven't clotted... nothing.

Unless there are special risk factors put into play, like if I were to get pregnant or need surgery or go on a long flight, then I'd need lovenox injections. I guess it's never even crossed my mind before that maybe we should all be on something as a preventative.

SpringerLover

Can I say that I was totally that person when we did Frodo's trial run at boarding? The day before I was like herpin derpin along and all of a sudden I was like 0.0 he doesn't have bordetella...WHAT IF HE NEEDS BORDETELLA?!?!! FREAK OUT!!!

Fortunately he didn't :p
That was me for Bailey's daycare (but it was required)... so I drove out to field dog training (because that's where I'll often find my vet in the summer) to retrieve a bordetella vaccine for my dog, so she could go to daycare. :D

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I never watch MTV, but I happen to have it on and they're using a song in one of their commercials that brings back instant memories of my old job. (Oh No! by Marina and the Diamonds, for anyone curious.) I miss it. It was retail, and I hate retail, but our slogan was "Fashion. Music. Art." It was great. Plus it was higher-end retail, so it was expensive, the random celebrity would stop by our little store, and we were all really close. I only randomly happened to get the job because Adam's dad was on the BOD and said he could get me an interview at one of the stores. I don't like my current job. Simple solution would be to quit and reapply at my old job... Really hard to do when the company went bankrupt and no longer exists. :( All merchandise went to liquidation, all stores were closed, and the brand was bought by another company.

Grab

Aesop decided to be limpy the other day. I assumed he had a goatshead thorn thing. Checked his pad..nothing. His large pad did feel a bit larger than the other one, but it wasn't notably swollen and was not red or warm to the touch. Gave him an nsaid and we carried on. Yesterday, he was still limpy, but bearing more weight. It still looked the same. Same this morning. This evening, he's back to holding it up and it feels a bit warm, so he'll likely have to go in tomorrow if it looks the same then. This makes more drama, as the vet who doesn't try to run every test under the sun is not there until the afternoon. I do not want to run a million and four tests. This is the vet who had one coworker run a coagulation panel on her dog because he had an area of pigment change. Not a purple, bruised looking thing...an obvious spot of a freckle like area.

In the meantime, I'm not letting him run the backyard at the moment, because my neighbor's dog is out and my dog will run the fence like a moron, and so he's barking, barking, barking in his crate. Shaddup, puppup!

Saeleofu

Yes, my dog knows how to sit. No, he's not going to sit when YOU tell him to, because he's working for ME, and I told him to stand. Go give your own dog commands.

People don't seem to understand that it is DANGEROUS to **** with a service dog, and this is why we have to proof against idiots.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Last October, I had a dog run into me at work and totally $&*^# my knee up. I was out of work for two weeks (then limited to computer/data entry for another couple when I went back) plus a few months of physical therapy.

Today? SAME **** THING HAPPENED. A dog slammed into the same knee and it cracked, twisted and gave out just like it did before. It isn't quite as bad as last time, thank goodness, but it's still bad. I'm out of work for at least a bit.

So the two shitty things about this: I need to find a new job. :( I can't keep getting injured like this; eventually it's going to permanently impair the function in my knee. I never in a million years thought it would happen a second time; so what about a third? Fourth? It seems unlikely but so did even one repeat.

Two: my supervisor took my boys home with her (which is awesome.) But all I want right now is some Rowan cuddles while I lie in bed. Logically I know it's the best thing for right now. Riff still has a big jumping problem and is excitable in general and liable to hurt me even more just with his enthusiasm. I can't bring Rowan home and not Riff, because that's completely unfair to Riff. But darn it, I want my Rowan. :(

/whine
I'm sorry. :( I'm totally looking to change fields and one reason is to preserve my body. How scary!

Grab

I just got a text asking me to change my day off next week. I love my Tuesday off :( But the other person who has Tuesdays off will never switch without making a huge stink and the person who requested that day off is equally dramatic. And, the two went to a conference together for a week, so they're currently buddy buddy, meaning the workplace is already full of them whispering in a jr high manner at all times about everything, so I can only imagine the drama that would occur were there issues with that day.

Sigh.

Members online

No members online now.