Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

jenv101

Bite Club
You look great! The back arch thing is crazy eh? It just happens. A few more weeks and you are going to get kicked! (If you aren't already) lol

Locke

I have a question:
Do the 9 months FEEL like 9 months??

I am so impatient with exciting things, and I don't know if I could stand waiting 9 months to meet my baby!
There are so many dangers with the "I didn't know I was Pregnant" situations, but at the same time, I can't help but think how nice it would be to go from "not pregnant" to baby in one day!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have a question:
Do the 9 months FEEL like 9 months??

I am so impatient with exciting things, and I don't know if I could stand waiting 9 months to meet my baby!
There are so many dangers with the "I didn't know I was Pregnant" situations, but at the same time, I can't help but think how nice it would be to go from "not pregnant" to baby in one day!
I would say that no it doesn't feel like 9 months. In the last couple months it feels like it drags out sometimes but really you are so busy making sure everything is ready and it seems like you never feel like you are totally ready.

Plus there are exciting milestones throughout pregnancy to look forward to that you aren't just looking for the end result. The first ultrasound, hearing the heartbeat, feeling the baby kick, etc.

But really once you start getting close to the end you are going to be like NO WAIT I'M NOT READY YET.... I STILL NEED TO DO ALL THIS STUFF lol

iluvdogs

I'm 38 weeks today and I would say it went pretty fast but now it seems to be dragging (I just stopped working and I find i'm soo bored but yet I have LOTS to do still ) ha ha

milos_mommy

For those expecting and moms already: at what point did you decide on a name for your lil one?

I've had names picked out for my kids forever, and am already said on a boy's name, first and two middles. I'm flipping between a few girl's combos, but more or less have a name in mind.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Ours didn't have names until after they were born. I wanted to name Samuel, Samuel ever since I found out I was expecting a boy. It just felt like his name, it's hard to explain. His dad went through a lot of other names even after he was born before he agreed and settled on Sam.

milos_mommy

Wasn't Sam almost a Ronan? IDK, all I know is I always love the names on your list and Aurelia is currently frontrunner for a girl (tied with Ariadne). Beatrix and Elizabeth (Lily) are close behind.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Oh my glob I read all 40 pages!!! :) And I'm super excited by how many Chazzers are preggers! Especially since a lot of us are in non-traditional situations (not married)... we can vent to each other. Is it me or does it seem like TONS of people are pregnant right now? Is something actually in the water or what?

I'm 34 weeks! I can't believe how fast it's gone by. I can't believe I'm going to see my little dude in a month. My bump is still really small, but my GOD, he's getting big!!! He's around 5 lbs now, kicking me, doing backflips, and gangnam style dancing inside of me day and night. The past week it has gotten so difficult to sleep, with him moving every time I change positions, contractions and cramps. Here's a picture of Kai at 32 weeks. He looks so much like his Dad! I swear they have the same profile.

Ever since Frank got shot my blood pressure has been higher than normal. My doctor put me on blood pressure meds and I have to go to the doctor 3 times a week for check-ups and testing, and test my blood pressure twice a day, until I give birth. -_- My pregnancy was going really smoothly until all of that. But I definitely don't want to risk preeclampsia or anything. I just feel so bad that my stress could hurt my baby. Things have gotten a lot less stressful and Frank is doing much better.

Look I said I was sorry for being insensitive ok? Geeze it's you guys who won't forget it, we'll I forget it, I'm done.
We all put our foot in our mouths at some point. You just have to be mature and admit that you said something dumb, and people will gladly let it go. ;)

The reason I find your statement dumb isn't the part about pregnant women looking miserable... it's true, growing a human being inside of you isn't easy!!! Especially in the last trimester, which is when you really notice that some one is pregnant. It's the fact that you say afterwards they don't look much better. REALLY. Do you realize that 90% of grown women that you see on the street have had at least one child? Do all of them look disgusting to you?

Being pregnant isn't terrible for everyone. I'm 8 months pregnant and no one even notices until I tell them. I still get hit on daily by creeps who have no idea I'm pregnant. I do have a little bump, but nothing that impairs me or makes me waddle around. Different people of different body types and heights handle pregnancy in different ways, and most women bounce back within a month. I used to think I could never handle being pregnant... but that was when I was immature, and cared too much about what other people thought of my appearance. Once you grow up, you realize how precious life is and how measly a sacrifice 9 months is to create a baby. Which really is a MIRACLE.

milos_mommy

Aww Erica I didn't know you were expecting! (I think I did but forgot). At least so many expecting moms on Chaz, my other forum (which is a BABY forum) has ZERO and none of my IRL friends are preggers, either (although I suspect one friend is, but she hasn't confirmed, and we aren't very close)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I had boys names picked out for a long time but no ideas for girls names. When I was around 6 mo ths pregnant we were driving around and Brian asked if I had any ideas for girls names and then said "what about Hannah marie? I think hannah is pretty and Marie is a special name to you and sounds nice with Hannah". And I loved it. I told him right then that that would be the name if we had a girl :)

jenv101

Bite Club
We have lists for boy and girl names but only a few on each. Girl names are much harder for me. I can't see myself deciding fully until I meet her, so nothing is set in stone yet!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
For those expecting and moms already: at what point did you decide on a name for your lil one?

I've had names picked out for my kids forever, and am already said on a boy's name, first and two middles. I'm flipping between a few girl's combos, but more or less have a name in mind.
We tossed around names for pretty much my entire pregnancy. We locked in on a girl's name almost instantly, but boy's names proved to be harder decide. We narrowed it down to two first names and two middle names, though we couldn't decide how to match them.

It wasn't until we were in the delivery room that we finally came to a decision. It was actually kind of cool. We had talked a little about it during labor, but the moment after our boy was born, Jon and I looked at each other and said the same full name. LOL

Paige

Let it be
So what are the big differences between the Ergo and Beco? I just liked that the Beco did the hip carry in addition to the front and back, but if it's more of a pain for whatever reason, I might reconsider.
There is more than one type of beco. Are you talking about the Gemini or the Buttlerfly2? I've only tried the Butterfly and the Ergo. Here is the biggest difference I've noticed.

The Beco is taller but a narrower base. It can only front and back carry. The ergo is short, with a wider bottom. Not very comfortable for kids who are leaners. It can do a hip carry but from my experience it is SUPER uncomfortable. The beco butterfly is also easier/comfier for a newborn vs the ergo. The ergo's infant insert is bulky and awkward.

I liked both carriers but hands down they are really at their peek comfort level from 6 months to a year. Before six months I find mei tais/wraps/ring slings more comfy and after a year I needed to size up to a more toddler worthy SSC. However, my son is massive so a smaller kid would fit them better for longer.

I have massive kinderpack love for my larger kid.

As for naming my sons I didnt decide on names for either of them till they were both here. I didnt even think of the name Blake till he was already born. Briggs had his name suggested when I was first pregnant but it wasnt official till he was 3 weeks old.

AND YOU LOOK AWESOME FOR 17 WEEKS!

darkchild16

We are Home.
Im going to say this right now as I'm thinking about it.

If you as the mother KNOWS the dr is wrong on something do NOT be afraid to do what you feel is right.

Savannah has had a "yeast" rash for a MONTH. They blamed it on her cloth they blamed on this, they blamed it on that. They said she had acid reflux and that's why she was spitting up and cranky. I have been saying from day one I feel its an allergy.

It had to be a food allergy as well because NONE of it was a issue until she stopped breastfeeding full time. They were dead set it was a diaper issue or anything but the food.

I put her on Nutrimigien and its clear in 24 hrs.

ETA: The without a diaper test was to see if it helped at all and it did because the SECOND she pooped it got wiped off. (Jeremy thought it was poop/food related)

Then the 24 hrs with a diaper completely was to prove it either WAS or wasnt the diapers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our middle names are already picked out. His/her middle name will be the first name of my FIL/MIL since this is their first grandchild.

It's first names that DH and I can't agree on! He likes bland, simple names and I like names that are slightly more unique (I'm not talking Peaches Honeyblossom or anything...).

I figure, I really want him involved in naming the baby but it's REALLY important to not have the fifth "Bella" in a class.

Taqroy

Ack you're so cute! And I love your top!
Aww thanks! My mother in law sent me a couple shirts, which was awesome, because buying them new is crazy expensive. Half the stuff I have is off Craigslist. :p

You look great! The back arch thing is crazy eh? It just happens. A few more weeks and you are going to get kicked! (If you aren't already) lol
Thanks! No kicking yet but I know the spud is moving around. The doctor had to chase it all over with the doppler thing and it kept kicking the microphone. Lol.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:
Mu was not amused with the kisses. Apparently she can only supervise effectively from the ground, with her dignity intact. :lol-sign:

Taqroy

We have no names picked out. Well, I have some girl names, no boy names, but Matt does not have any. Lol. I am a total nerd and actually wrote a program so we could rate names and then compare them against each other. It still needs some tweaking, but the basis is there. I just need to get Matt to sit down and rate names.

Also, given how awful we're being about finding a first name I'm getting slightly concerned about how in the heck we're going to find a middle name.

Taqroy

It's so personal, my babies hated the ring sling when they were infants lol and it really bothered my back.

I got my patterns from all over but the easiest to make and one of the most comfortable for me is a pattern based on the ball baby overall. The pattern can be found online and is free. Jan dandrea site, or sleeping baby productions has it and many other patterns. I would link but am on my phone.

Eta: der, link is in post above:)
I forgot to come back to this, but thank you! And to darkchild as well, I foresee some fabric being added to my stash this weekend. :p

Members online