2010 Decatur Book Festival

We just got back from the book festival and had a blast! Me, my little sister, my friend and Abby all walked down there earlier today then got a ride back from my mom. We got caught by the train and I was so proud of Abby because she didn’t flip out like would have expected when the train blew it’s horn. Instead she walked very nicely by my side only pinning her ears back once.

We met a ton of other people and dogs and she enjoyed being loved on by the little kids. Thankfully majority of the kids were well behaved and didn’t try poking and prodding at Abby and their parents actually corrected them(shocker)when they did.

We met two dachshund’s, a couple of labs(one was a guide dog in training), a GSD, a poodle(who was a therapy dog), two APBT puppies, a samoyed with a lion cut, and this adorable 2 month old lab mix as well as multiple other dogs I don’t feel like naming. There were a ton of labs and lab lovers out there so I talked to the majority of them and it was pretty interesting. Sadly no boxers =( Last year I met quite a few, but then again it was cooler back then. I would have taken Bo, but it was way to hot for him to make the journey and to be out there for 4 hours.

Later this evening we are going to another festival at the park right down the street. So hopefully I will remember to bring my camera!

here are pics from the book festival...Sorry they aren’t good quality my mom’s camera sucks and I couldn’t find batteries for mine

Smile for the camera

Getting loved on by some stranger

hello peoples

The GSD

One of the two dachshunds

Lion doggeh

And the most adorable lab mix in the world. They said she was 2 month’s old, but honestly when I first saw her I thought she was younger

LilahRoot

Abby is so cute! I love big black dogs. Is she a lab? Sorry if that was a stupid question.

Members online