New Years Resolutions

Taqroy

I would like to learn to crochet or knit, I don't even know enough to know the difference.
YOUTUBE. Seriously. Between youtube and google I taught myself everything I know about knitting (and I'm pretty **** good, if I do say so myself).

Also, www.ravelry.com is a freaking awesome collection of forums and has a massive pattern database.

Lyzelle

1. Last year my only Resolution was to stop talking to my mother and start getting my life under control. I succeeded, now I have to keep it up!

2. Enjoy Italy. Get out, do things, see new places in Europe, eat all the food, everything. I'm already going to be uncomfortable, might as well do it all the way and enjoy doing it instead of sitting in a room having anxiety attacks.

3. Puppy! I need to decide on a breed/breeder, and start making those first steps.

4. Spend more time with Zander, work more on our videos, really put a lot of work into this hobby and spend as much time as I can with him.

5. GAIN WEIGHT. Holy crap. With all the diet changes I made this year, I never intended to lose weight. Maintain, keep/increase some lean muscle, get healthy. I'm healthy at 120lbs. I'm at 90lbs, and still losing. 30lbs goes a long way on a 5'2'' frame! But I'm steadily losing more and more weight, and I'm really starting to look sickly. I have no energy. This has gotten a tad out of control. I'll see a DR if I have to.

6. Get my friggin' teeth done. Seriously, Liz, just go and get it done and over with. No more pain!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
- Get down to around 170, healthily. If I can do this, I will be happy.
- Get better at cooking and do it more often. I'm pretty good, but I don't do it very often.
- Spend more time exercising and training my dogs. I do a lot with them, but I've been slacking the last month or so.
- Debut Em in agility and possibly rally or obedience.
- Finish the final steps to creating my tag business.
- Save more money. I've been horrible this year.
- Move out.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Seeing how this year I did very little cooking since most foods disagreed with me while pregnant I am determined to do at least one new meal recipe and one new dessert recipe a week.

I also want to do better with updating my blog more regularly.

milos_mommy

Stay healthy through the rest of this pregnancy and survive the first few months of motherhood are really my only goals this year.

Save a little more money
Eat healthier and don't let my family influence my diet
Travel before the baby is born, if I'm well enough
Apply to transfer to an Ivy League school. As a single mom with an infant and no money.

milos_mommy

What do you intend to study and use the degree for? Why not any non Ivy League school?
Because I can get enough scholarship money to get it entirely paid for, and it won't be any different financially than going to the public school I already go to. Right now my major is technically "special honors" but I'm studying film, psych, and literature. I'm considering going for an MA or doctorate in ethology, but honestly I'm not sure.

tzigane

Because I can get enough scholarship money to get it entirely paid for, and it won't be any different financially than going to the public school I already go to. Right now my major is technically "special honors" but I'm studying film, psych, and literature. I'm considering going for an MA or doctorate in ethology, but honestly I'm not sure.
Are you sure about the scholarship thing? My best friend in high school and my cousin applied to only Ivy Leagues, and when they inquired about scholarships, they said they don't give ANY out except for athletic scholarships. At least that's what I'm remembering.

milos_mommy

Are you sure about the scholarship thing? My best friend in high school and my cousin applied to only Ivy Leagues, and when they inquired about scholarships, they said they don't give ANY out except for athletic scholarships. At least that's what I'm remembering.
Yes. They are generally need-based when provided by the school, however. You can also apply for a lot of other private scholarships. It's easier when you're transferring, I know I wouldn't have been able to do this straight out of high school.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I think it's a great goal but they're not exactly giving away money, to anyone. Why would they? Who doesn't want an Ivy League education? I do. :p

Denis' best friend had an almost free ride for wrestling but he was also recruited for the Olympics, not exactly common. They looks specifically for gpa, sats, and put you on a sliding grey scale so I would get those in order first. Denis applied to a few but ended up unable to afford them but he and his parents were shocked just how little they cared about the extra things beyond sports.

I only asked about why only Ivy League because I would hate to see you miss a chance at a great education at a school without the clout, but I think it's great you're shooting for the stars.

milos_mommy

The school I'm at now is a city school, it's a cheap education but a great school. If transferring doesn't work out, I'll gladly stay, but if I don't try I'll always regret it. I had a pretty high SAT score and have kept a 4.0 GPA all through college, plus have a good résumé. If I didn't think I had a decent shot, I wouldn't bother applying.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
The school I'm at now is a city school, it's a cheap education but a great school. If transferring doesn't work out, I'll gladly stay, but if I don't try I'll always regret it. I had a pretty high SAT score and have kept a 4.0 GPA all through college, plus have a good résumé. If I didn't think I had a decent shot, I wouldn't bother applying.
Awesome, good luck!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Find a way to not let sanctimonious "I am better than everyone", holier than thou people get under my skin.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
-See some of the western part of the united states. For Christmas we got a large REI gift card to be used only for the purpose of a trip out west.
-Continue with the awesome savings plan I have set up (I'm saving money, eeeeee! Best feeling ever)
-Do more. Every day I go to work, come home and sit on the Internet, go to bed, repeat. I need to do MORE!!)
-As soon as we get back to MN I am starting yoga and MFP again. I was doing SO well, and just...stopped. Cause I am an idiot.
-Have FUN with my dog(s)!!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
- Keep the GPA high
- Train with Merlin everyday
- Work-out 4 times a week
- Stop dating/crushing on bad boys I KNOW will be bad for me in the long run. Dammit Fran, date the nice guy! Ignore the green eyes and one dimpled come away with me to do sinful things smile and just do what is good for you in the long run!
- Eat more vegetables
- Drink more water
- Learn a new word everyday and use it
- Read more
- Lose weight.. get to 105 by summer-time
- Learn to cook at least a few simple meals well

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Shoot only on manual for a year
Get out with Ella for visits. My fears are the only things holding us back. She'll never be Harley, but she can be awesome at it in her own ways.
DISNEY in May with Jessie and Ian!
Enjoy a trip to NY in March with my mom.
Get a new job.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
-lose weight-I have a lot to lose but I don't want to die in my 40s
-keep on top of the housework so I don't get so overwhelmed, specifically at least 15 minutes of house work a day
-do more training with the dogs
-learn to make beeswax candles
-get and use a sewing machine
-have a garden this year and get our yard in real working order
-read more
-write more
-"edit" my rooms, closets and drawers so I don't have so much stuff!
-sleep at least 8 hours a night
-keep up with getting my hair trimmed and eyebrows done on schedule-I feel much more put together
-have more sex
-watch less TV (which will be necessary to achieve the above anyway)
-find and buy some property
-stuff as much money as possible into savings

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Keep doing what I am doing to the very best of my ability which is harder each and eveyr year. WE survived last year and still made some good things happen around us. Fingers crossed, we survive next year and can say the same.

Spend as much time with the grandbabies as possible. send their parents on many dates.

Members online