Cooking with the children

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I can has ribs?

She was asking all week, "Daddy, when are we doing the ribs? I want to help!"

She was going to do some trimming, but the last two racks were still partially frozen and I had to do them. She did all of the rub, though - including making it.

THIS is one of the reasons I'm so thankful that I have kids. We love to cook all different stuff.

From previous adventures:

CaliTerp07

Some of my best memories growing up are cooking breakfast with my dad on weekends :) Good for you for cooking with your girls!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I'm really glad that they seem to WANT to cook and not just simple things like spaghetti or eggs. They both like to engage in the barbque stuff, different ethnic endeavors (many Mexican dishes for the older DD's Spanish classes in school).

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Your all just the best Eddie. THumbs up for a Dad that is there for his daughters, thumbs up for daughters that love their Dad. Puts a big ol smile on my face. Great photos.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Thanks Smkie. They both also help me with my monthly men's breakfast at church. They come at 6 AM with me and my wife to crack eggs, cook bacon, make french toast/pancakes, brew the coffee, etc. As much as I complain about them, they really are a couple of good kids.

Ribs are smoking away right now. The trimmings are in the crockpot with some water, triple sec and more of my dry rub mixed in. I'll just cook that all day until it's falling apart then we'll sauce it for sandwiches. When the older DD gets up, I'll have her peel the shrimp for the Margarita Shrimp dish. Salsa is made and "resting" in the fridge. Just need to chop the stuff for the guacamole and we're all set for our party.

I can has nap nao?

filarotten

Fila the love
You cook them until they are 160 degrees in the middle. I was also wondering if they taste like chicken?

Personally, I have never eaten one, I try avoid them...kinda like squirrel, possum, and other strange foods.

Members online