The Venting Thread

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
We got some good news at work that made me really happy and feel fuzzy on the inside.... Then the grim reality for our client came back to me. He had nowhere to go and I can take find a place for him.

Lyzelle

Creepy neighbor is out front stalking my door again. Granted, our doors are only like 6ft apart, but still! There's not reason to be standing around my door!

And its weirder that I go up front to make sure the door is locked and it's OPEN. I'm half tempted to put a sneak camera up there just to see WTF he's doing.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Sorry but dogs are a deal breaker for me ... I fla out told OH that I am a dog lover up front & will always have dogs & if he couldn't deal with that then it was a no-go. I wouldnt ever let some guy tell me what animals I can & can't have FYI I have FOUR dogs (2are my folks) in my house that never get bathes (cuz they never stink due to the right diet) & one day our horse shoer used our restroom & she commented how GOOD it smelt in the house ... Thank you Glade ;).
I can see it now... "Dad, you let me have a dog, or else I will never have been born!"

Grab

I wouldnt ever let some guy tell me what animals I can & can't have
Well I wouldn't either, lol. However, I think it is her dad, whose house she and her boyfriend are living in, that is limiting the dogs, etc. Not her boyfriend. Since her dad is essentially their landlord, he does get a say as to what animals are in the house.

Airn

Well I wouldn't either, lol. However, I think it is her dad, whose house she and her boyfriend are living in, that is limiting the dogs, etc. Not her boyfriend. Since her dad is essentially their landlord, he does get a say as to what animals are in the house.
Yes. My boyfriend doesn't mind. He picked out Gwen. He knows I love animals and if it was up to him, I bet I would have more animals. But I live in my dad's house rent-free so..... It's not a HUGE deal. I have Gwen and the cat. If I REALLY wanted another dog I could probably get one. But there is no NEED for me to get another dog.

It's either have two dogs and pay $600 a month in a two bedroom apartment or have one dog and pay nothing. My dad is very generous, so I'm not pushing the dog situation.

If it WAS my boyfriend acting that way, we would not be together. But luckily he loves dogs and had one growing up. : )

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I came home from work and all afternoon I was so tired I couldn't really focus my eyes on anything. I fell asleep at 5:30 this afternoon. Now the evening is shot. I just want to crawl back in bed but that would be a little pathetic.

I think I might be catching a cold.

I came home from work and all afternoon I was so tired I couldn't really focus my eyes on anything. I fell asleep at 5:30 this afternoon. Now the evening is shot. I just want to crawl back in bed but that would be a little pathetic.

I think I might be catching a cold.
(((((HUGS))))) Go curl up in bed with Summer and your laptop.

Mia will bring you balls to throw :D

There are seven boys, two girlfriends, four guitars, and one pent up boxer mix in my house at the moment and they are all making noise.

I am pregnant, exhausted, and feeling super anti social. I should have checked in to a hotel for the night.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
When people try to comment about stuff you've written on FB.. but they're just talking to talk and you have no idea what they're talking about, and then have to explain what they originally commented on. And then share a story about you that you tell them you don't want to hear it if it's rude, and it is, and they don't get the hint you don't find it funny.

I need to go all Stabbb McKniferton on these asshats...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Are any of the repairs things that can be done while you're living in the house?
Yes, but there's absolutely nothing in the kitchen except a bunch of tools and a subfloor, the bathroom needs redone and there's only one bathroom so I can't be living there when that's done, and I can't be living there when we refinish the floors.
So the small stuff that can wait doesn't help chip away at the massive problem that is now.

When people try to comment about stuff you've written on FB.. but they're just talking to talk and you have no idea what they're talking about, and then have to explain what they originally commented on. And then share a story about you that you tell them you don't want to hear it if it's rude, and it is, and they don't get the hint you don't find it funny.

I need to go all Stabbb McKniferton on these asshats...
You can delete other people's comments on your posts. I delete comments from one person in particular. He thinks he's funny and every. single. time. I delete it.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Why can't there be reasonably price dogs from a breeder with a no-nonsense contract that also health tests? Ugh.

Breeder Type A produces good looking dogs at a very reasonable price. Lots of satisfied puppy buyers from both the companion end and working end. Great health guarantee. Once you buy the dog, you own the dog - no limited registration, spay/neuter contract, must feed "x" food, must vaccinate, etc. He's been breeding for over 25 years and knows his lines. But no health testing.

Breed Type B produces good looking dogs for a price I am unsure if I can afford. Lots of satisfied puppy buyers. 24 month health guarantee. Limited registration, spay/neuter contract, etc. Has been breeding for awhile and knows his lines. Lots of health testing.

Bah humbug. So now I get to choose if I want to gamble or not. Do I spend the extra money and jump through the extra hoops (some of which I'm not thrilled with) to get a dog from parents that I know have been tested, or do I trust the judgement of a breeder who is breeding working dogs and hasn't had an issue with his dogs yet (but there is no hard proof), and pay a price I'm comfortable paying and get a contract I'm happy with?

Bah.

I'm still looking around and I contacted two more breeders I am hoping will be just what I want, but I have a feeling it is going to come down to Type A or Type B and I'm not sure which way I feel comfortable going.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Why can't there be reasonably price dogs from a breeder with a no-nonsense contract that also health tests? Ugh.

Breeder Type A produces good looking dogs at a very reasonable price. Lots of satisfied puppy buyers from both the companion end and working end. Great health guarantee. Once you buy the dog, you own the dog - no limited registration, spay/neuter contract, must feed "x" food, must vaccinate, etc. He's been breeding for over 25 years and knows his lines. But no health testing.

Breed Type B produces good looking dogs for a price I am unsure if I can afford. Lots of satisfied puppy buyers. 24 month health guarantee. Limited registration, spay/neuter contract, etc. Has been breeding for awhile and knows his lines. Lots of health testing.

Bah humbug. So now I get to choose if I want to gamble or not. Do I spend the extra money and jump through the extra hoops (some of which I'm not thrilled with) to get a dog from parents that I know have been tested, or do I trust the judgement of a breeder who is breeding working dogs and hasn't had an issue with his dogs yet (but there is no hard proof), and pay a price I'm comfortable paying and get a contract I'm happy with?

Bah.

I'm still looking around and I contacted two more breeders I am hoping will be just what I want, but I have a feeling it is going to come down to Type A or Type B and I'm not sure which way I feel comfortable going.

What breed? (just wondering if it's a breed very prone to genetic issues or not, that would affect my decision quite a bit)

Xandra

If those are really the only two choices I'd go with A for sure.

ETA I was going to mention if it's a fairly healthy breed or not, but if the guy has been breeding for 25 years (and let's assume he breeds reasonably often) and has had no/very minimal problems, I would be OK with that.

FG167

Do I spend the extra money and jump through the extra hoops (some of which I'm not thrilled with) to get a dog from parents that I know have been tested, or do I trust the judgement of a breeder who is breeding working dogs and hasn't had an issue with his dogs yet (but there is no hard proof), and pay a price I'm comfortable paying and get a contract I'm happy with?
I went with the latter option both for Kastle and for Limit. I am thrilled so far...BUT, they are young and I have not x-rayed yet. I am so not ok with super crazy contracts. In fact, as horrible as this may be, if I opened an email from a breeder with a contract more than 2-3 pages (some were 8-10 or more), then I didn't even read it. I am a good home, not only are my dogs pets but they are active competitors in a variety of sports...I guess I am a snot and do not feel the need/want to be grilled about every aspect of my life. I also prefer to own the dogs outright and decide what is best for them etc.

Members online

No members online now.