ARG, BIG setback!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Arg...I thought Lucas was getting sooo much better on the bathtime fun! :mad:

The last few times I gave him a bath he went to the bathroom and in the bath on his own free will, I didn't force him at all and during the bath he just stood like a good boy. So I thought he had gotten over, for the most part, his fear of the bath! Boy he sure wasn't today!

I don't know if it was just the new bathroom or what that made him react so badly today, but it was a pain in the ars to bath him!! And boy he needed it!

Well I get him in the bathroom, no problem! The bathtub, only a bit of hesitation on his part, but still ok! Starting to get him wet, okish...he started freaking out a little bit, getting stressed. Well I get him all wet and he's back to how he was before, when he'd freak out and try to get out. It was a pain! He kept trying to open the door and jump out! >_< So I tried going as fast as I could, because at this point I'd already had shampoo on him and there wasn't any going back. I couldn't just let him out and call it quits so he didn't freak out too much and make all the progress from before go down the drain (<<<which I think it's already gone!)

So I start getting shampoo off as fast as possible and he get's the door open and get's out! He would NOT get back in so I could finish. I was sooo frustrated. I couldn't stop, he had a ton of soap on him! So I try using a towel with water to get it off but my roomate comes nocks on the door. I said "Yeah?"

I guess she took that as ...."yeah it's ok to come in" cause she opened the door and Lucas flew out! :mad: <<<Me!

So I decided, since I'm never going to get him in the bathroom in this mindset, I'll just get the hose and finish it out there. So I get him outside, grab the house and start washing him off in the freezing cold water, and the weather isn't warm enough for this! It's not freezing outside, but it isn't very warm! So he starts acting like a woosy and starts whining (it's his new thing....he figured out whining get's him what he wants :rolleyes: ).

I did eventually get it done with a bit of protest from him and you know what he does when I'm done!?! He goes and lays in the dirt and starts rolling around in it!!! :mad:

Kase

That does not sound like fun! I'm so sorry he acted like that and your progress was lost. I hope his next bath goes better. Oh and it's just typical when they go and roll in the dirt after a bath!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Ohh I am SOOOO sorry!!!

Don't you just feel horrible when all the progress you were making and then it just goes down the drain!!!!:mad: I know how you feel I have been there too!!! :(

But just remember to keep on working with him and I KNOW that he will get better with time and care!!!! :)

Ohh also I MAKE SURE that after Lizzie has had her bath she DOES NOT (did I say DOES NOT) go outside!!!!!!:)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Thanks Kase, I really hope he does better next time. I'll continue working with him, but it took sooo long to get him use to it before, I hope it doesn't take so long this time!

Ohh I am SOOOO sorry!!!

Don't you just feel horrible when all the progress you were making and then it just goes down the drain!!!!:mad: I know how you feel I have been there too!!!

But just remember to keep on working with him and I KNOW that he will get better with time and care!!!! :)

Ohh also I MAKE SURE that after Lizzie has had her bath she DOES NOT (did I say DOES NOT) go outside!!!!!!:)
See my other house had pretty much only grass in the back, but this one has dirt!!

Yes it sucks! :( I'm so frustrated with him at the moment!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
LMAO Always fun eh! :)

you should invest in Bath time Ties you can get at pet stores! They are fabulous! :)

I used to have to have my sister hold Riot IN the tub so I could bath him.. now hes a very good boy, minus some circling and walking around when its "rinse" time lol

LOL Lucas sounds hilarious though - but its that kind of funny thats funny AFTER the fact lol Not during lol

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
LMAO Always fun eh! :)

you should invest in Bath time Ties you can get at pet stores! They are fabulous! :)

I used to have to have my sister hold Riot IN the tub so I could bath him.. now hes a very good boy, minus some circling and walking around when its "rinse" time lol

LOL Lucas sounds hilarious though - but its that kind of funny thats funny AFTER the fact lol Not during lol
Can you give me a link to the "bath time ties" you where talking about? I can't find them. I think I know what you're talking about but I'm not sure.

And for some reason.....I'm still not laughing >_< I wish I had the bath tubs at the human society!! Or a movable spraying hose!!

lol....it's so frustrating! When I know that more then once before he was perfect! Then all of the sudden it's back to his old ways!!! ARG! *sigh*

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I have the movable spray hose here, you can actually get them for the dogs at Wal Mart! Thats where I got mine.. they are only like $6

i'll try and find a link for the bath ties!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I have the movable spray hose here, you can actually get them for the dogs at Wal Mart! Thats where I got mine.. they are only like $6

i'll try and find a link for the bath ties!
Are you serious!?!? :yikes: How have I been living without one?!?!

lol:p Thanks!!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
LMAo I know.. I was thinking the same thing before I got it lmao unfortunately the one I have only fits properly to a "round" faucet so I can only use it in our wash bin which basically on fits Jada and Crosbie lmao

But now I just bring Riot into work for a bath or jump into the tub with Riot and bath him that way lol

Bath Tub Restraints;
http://www.dog.com/family.asp?SKW=div_05,DOG,bath restraints&Category=Bath Supply

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
LMAo I know.. I was thinking the same thing before I got it lmao unfortunately the one I have only fits properly to a "round" faucet so I can only use it in our wash bin which basically on fits Jada and Crosbie lmao

But now I just bring Riot into work for a bath or jump into the tub with Riot and bath him that way lol

Bath Tub Restraints;
http://www.dog.com/family.asp?SKW=div_05,DOG,bath restraints&Category=Bath Supply
THanks! Do you know how well the ones with the suction cup hold? I don't think our landlord would like a hole in the wall :p

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I honestly haven't tried the suction cup ones before - I think it would depend on what type of wall you have in your bathroom as well around your tub.
I think they would work fairly well if you have the tiles!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I honestly haven't tried the suction cup ones before - I think it would depend on what type of wall you have in your bathroom as well around your tub.
I think they would work fairly well if you have the tiles!
It's more like a plastic wall. Things seem to stick fairly well to it! lol
I'm just worried since Lucas is pretty strong at pulling things, even in the tub.

Does that mean you've tried the other one? How did that one hold up?

elegy

overdogged
i have a grab bar on the wall above my bathtub. so convenient for tying nutsy dogs to :) luce hates baths. hates. the one time she got skunked and i didn't HAVE a bathtub and was trying to wash her in my very small shower stall in my bathroom with the door that didn't latch? wow that was fun.... oy. i ended up just getting in the shower with her (yes, in my clothes). it was kind of like greased pig wrestling....

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
yuppers we have the eyehook ones at work and they are just FABULOUS!! LOVE them! :) Even for the strongest of dogs
Awesome! Thanks for the advice, Summer!!

i have a grab bar on the wall above my bathtub. so convenient for tying nutsy dogs to :) luce hates baths. hates. the one time she got skunked and i didn't HAVE a bathtub and was trying to wash her in my very small shower stall in my bathroom with the door that didn't latch? wow that was fun.... oy. i ended up just getting in the shower with her (yes, in my clothes). it was kind of like greased pig wrestling....
Wow that sounds like even more "fun" then I had! :p lol

Thank you for an outstanding explanation as to why God made groomers.:lol-sign:
lol, no if you get them as a puppy it's easier, but I think his previous house really scared him about a bath or something. He came this way lol If I had the right tables and a bath like at a groomers it would be soo much easier!

Members online

No members online now.