Dog killed at the groomer

OMG, that's horrible... Those poor pet owners. I would do the unimaginable if my pet groomer was that careless to leave a dog unattended for that long!

Picking a groomer takes as much research as picking a vet. Fortunately our groomer is the daughter of an life long friend of my mom's. She is very reputable and is a groomer because she loves dogs, not just to make a living.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

OMG! Those stories are scary and sad. I am so glad that I groom my own dogs.

Where I live there was a groomer that lost a clients dog. It was gone for almost a week. She left her front door open and the dog escaped.

bubbatd

These will escalate as dog ownership does ....I'd rather pay a little more at my vet clinic ..... any Petsmart etc will hire anybody with a pair of clippers !

Zoom

Twin 2.0
There are only three people I trust to groom Sawyer, two ladies at work and the lady who grooms all the ARPH dogs. Thankfully, he doesn't really require much and I can do just about all of it myself.

But that heating issue is exactly why our groomers only used forced air, no heating elements. The body heat from the dogs and the heat put off by the motors keeps the room warm enough to avoid chills while drying.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Another reason why only I will be "professionally" grooming Riot - OR someone I trust when I'm around to groom him.

I know all too well what he is capable of to people he doesn't trust or like.

awww, poppr dogs are groomer loves dogs too she also bords dogs and owns about 6 afgan hounds were one won best puppy at crufts,

C

cindr

Dog Injuries at the GROOMERS

Now I could tell you some stories that would curl your stomick, I have been a Groomer for 24 yrs and have seen and heard it all.

That story is next to none of what I will state here and now. Groomer no#

1) Poodle out of contex Groomer takes the back of a steel brush and clocks the dog on its head. The dog starts to hemorage, The Groomer covers the injury up with Quick Stop poof's up Poodles pom and sends the dog home. Poodle goes into a sever seizure and almost dies. Sent to the Vet clinc to find the injuries. Nothing said nothing done nothing gained. Owner does not sue just insists that the groomer be fired.

2) Groomer has to many dogs in one day. So she begins to groom a small Toy Poodle baths it and places it in a dryer cage. Forgets the dog and the dog fries to death. Groomer repremanded. Groomer quits her employment to open her own establishment.

3) Same as Groomer no# 2 Groomer comes to work at our establishment for one day. Nothing announced about the above incident. Groomer opens back door of establishment. I attend and close the door expressing that the dogs may escape. Groomer 2 goes back and opens door a second time. I again close the door and give my instructions to her. I then leave for lunch to come back and find a dog had escaped. Local Police Service Contacted, Local news paper contacted SPCA contacted owner frantic. Dog found 6 miles away unscaved the next day. Groomer FIRED.

4) Schitzu dog Pebles on Groomers table (Head Groomer) Pebles acts out groomer is at that time moving the clipper across the side of the dogs left check. Groomers clipper attaches to the dogs eye and the dogs eye falls out. Dog is rushed to the vets and 15 stiches placed and eye put back in the socket.

These are some of the horendous stories of our local Groomers here. Yes none of them should have the ability to continue in the area of Grooming but there is no law stating that you can not groom with out a licence to. So when going to your groomers stand there and watch make sure no harm comes to your beloved pet. I now go to owners homes and secure that the owner is avail as I groom their dog. It is important to me as a Professional that I treat each dog as mine and not about the money as most of these groomers seem to do

It is very scary to put your dogs life in someone elses hands.

I recently left a groomer that had "yelled at" my dog. I was not comfortable with his attitude. Lots of people have said I am crazy or overreacted. However, I dont think you can overreact when it is your dogs life.

I am so glad I found the groomer I go to now.
I can stay and watch, everything is out in the open, so other people coming in and out can watch. NO drying cages. My dog gets groomed and comes home, no time to roam free with other dogs.

They are the sweetest people as well, and def. in it for the love of dogs, not for the money.

Elissa

I am a groomer, and there are some things that I've read that are upsetting. First of all the comment that petsmart will hire anyone who will pick up clippers. That is simply not true and they have very strict safety policies. If you look up all the deaths people are talking about, they've been in private salons not corporate ones. Blanket statements like that really irk me.

I am a mobile groomer. I have a self contained van that has everything a grooming salon has except cages, ringing phones, and people coming in and out. I chose to do this so I could have total concentration while working on a pet, and so that I can give each dog individual attention. If some of you saw me with the dogs you'd think I'm nuts. I sing to them, and talk to them through the whole grooming and find that it calms them down and the do very well. I am always hands on with the dog and it is very safe in the van.

bubbatd

sounds good to me !! As a breeder I made an idiot out of myself socializing the pups !! I groomed each one at bedtime.... singing , talking as I brushed and clipped nails etc.... most of the pups were sleeping by the time they went into their whelping pen for the night ..... lights lowered , soft music on , hush sweeties, goodnight ........... 6:30 am ....different story !!!!

Members online

No members online now.