Picardy Shepherd

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
My brother got his first very own dog today he's 33 and hasent had a dog of his own since he moved away from home. Well he got a new puppy and he's tan with some gray Picardy Shepherd puppy named Zero. I have never heard of a Picardy shepherd until my brother got his new puppy. I saw him this past weekend and he is the sweetest looking little puppy. He looks like a little mutt but he's got papers and all the good stuff and my brother paid $500 for him.

Heres some info i have gotten at random from my brother since he got Zero. Picardy Shepherds are a rare breed that is from France and originated in the middle ages. It is a dog good for being a herding dog, a companion, or a guard dog. It responds well to obedience training and has a very quick disposition and is a reliable pet. Their great with kids, can live in the city in other words not only a farm dog lol, get along well with other dogs, requires grooming, but can stand up to the eliments.

Sounds like a great dog to me. And my brother is loving owning this dog. i was just wondering if anyone else had ever heard of a Picardy Shepherd?

Barb04

Super Moderator
I've never heard of this breed before. I took a look at the web site (thanks for posting link). It's an interesting looking dog. Post of pic of the pup when you get a chance.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Your Welcome :).

Yeah i think their adorable dogs i can't wait until Zero grows up i think the adults are a bit cuter the the puppies if thats possible lol. Gotta love those big bat ears lol.

I agree with Barb04 - what an interesting looking dog. :) I had never heard of the breed before. That's one of the things I love about being a member of dog forums - I get to learn about different breeds all the time! :)

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I've heard of these dogs. They're very rare and as you said originate from France. I think the Picardy Shepherd is gonna be the star in this upcoming movie, but the name escapes me...

avenlee

Oh my ! What a wonderful looking dog. I've never seen or heard of the breed either. My list just gets bigger and bigger and bigger :D

Please have him post some pics!

Huh, I've never heard of them before! You learn something new each day! lol They remind me of a GSD/Schnauzer cross....or maybe a Collie/Schnauzer cross? lol Anyway, if I saw one of those walking down the street, I'd think MUTT and not Pure Bred. lol

Adrienne

What a love! Just adorable. How old is the pup now? Your brother must be very pleased to be owning such a beautiful breed of dog.

OMG Pits! What a great looking puppy! Worth every penny of that $500. The way he's muscled up already . . . and that steady, intense, focused gaze. What a great dog he's going to be! Keep posting photos of him as he grows up; I'm looking forward to seeing his progress. That's a DOG!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
These are some of his younger Pics he is now 6 months old. As long as my brother keeps giving me pics i will keep posting them

gapeach

Big Mutts
BigDog2191 said:
I've heard of these dogs. They're very rare and as you said originate from France. I think the Picardy Shepherd is gonna be the star in this upcoming movie, but the name escapes me...

Isn't the movie Winn Dixie?

Members online

No members online now.