The dog musing/vent thread

Sekah

The Monster.
My favourite Malinois passed away yesterday. She was small, lithe and absolutely stellar at anything you ever asked her to do. She gave 110% in whatever she did. She birthed some truly spectacular dogs. She was nuts, but she was also extremely trustworthy. RIP, Jagger.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
My favourite Malinois passed away yesterday. She was small, lithe and absolutely stellar at anything you ever asked her to do. She gave 110% in whatever she did. She birthed some truly spectacular dogs. She was nuts, but she was also extremely trustworthy. RIP, Jagger.
She was nothing short of fantastic. Definitely my favourite little Maligator.

RIP Jagger :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears

Going through old pics (you know... gotta have my TBTs lined up). God he was gorgeous. Wish I would have had a decent camera for his young years.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well, I got in the NW1 trial in June... 7 hour drive and now I don't know if I want to go or not. It's going to be hothothot and I only entered Summer obviously. But 7 hours for a hot trial? She may or may not title (it's all or nothing in nosework). Most my friends are not going and are waiting for the October NW1 that is tentative for Missouri.

Trying to decide if I want to cancel...

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
So, I totally jokingly brought up said puppy to DH and he actually told me to inquire. o_O So....we shall see. Lots and lots of giant IFS and ANDS and BUTS and I seriously doubt it will actually happen, but...we shall see. I'm just in shock DH is actually interested.
Well...I was right. It isn't happening. But not for the reason I was anticipating. Those we actually discussed and found a way around. *sigh* I'm kind of bummed out, but everything happens for a reason. She sounds like a fantastic pup who has an awesome start in life and will make someone a great companion. Life just said now was not the time for a new pup.

So....someone adopt her. :) She's cute! 12 week old female American Bulldog with excellent breeding behind her. Born with mild case of megaesophagus. Located in Virginia. Clause American Bulldogs.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Totally unrelated to anything but I just simply can't stand hearing someone repeat a command over and over again (you know ... "Sit fido, come on! Sit! Sit, siiiiiiiiiit ...etc") ugh :wall: I just want to smack those people in he back of the head and scream at them that they are teaching their dog to IGNORE them rather then teaching them a command. These are also usually the same people who call their dogs "stupid" :p

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Yknow, I think I honestly enjoy biking Roxie a lot more than walking her. Mostly because no dogs bother us. Plus, if Roxie sees another dog, we can jog right along since she has no way to freeze up and play statue.

Only downside is the amount of bumps in the roads/on sidewalks. Cuz my seat is not comfy.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Totally unrelated to anything but I just simply can't stand hearing someone repeat a command over and over again (you know ... "Sit fido, come on! Sit! Sit, siiiiiiiiiit ...etc") ugh :wall: I just want to smack those people in he back of the head and scream at them that they are teaching their dog to IGNORE them rather then teaching them a command. These are also usually the same people who call their dogs "stupid" :p
This grates on me too lol. Cajun had her first obed class yesterday and the person next to us the ENTIRE class was like "sitsitsitsitsitsitsit. Down down down down dooooown.... down down down down. Stand stand stand stand stand stand stand stand." I was ready to go over there and be like BUDDY, this is not how it works. If I am confused and annoyed, then imagine your poor dog! :eek:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
This grates on me too lol. Cajun had her first obed class yesterday and the person next to us the ENTIRE class was like "sitsitsitsitsitsitsit. Down down down down dooooown.... down down down down. Stand stand stand stand stand stand stand stand." I was ready to go over there and be like BUDDY, this is not how it works. If I am confused and annoyed, then imagine your poor dog! :eek:
I had to retrain my parents about repeating commands endlessly because in all honesty I got tired of having to retrain Josefina's responses to commands :/ and what was worse is they never MADE HER DO IT! Like they would repeat it ten thousand times and them be all like "oh your such a silly puppy!" And let her get away with it.

So ... When I would come back I had to deal with a dog who had an attitude of "why should I do it, you won't make me anyway" :wall: lol. But I was able to get through to hem and they don't do it anymore.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
:rofl1:
I just posted a video to a FB group on Rigby's distance progress. I said almost every command twice and didn't even notice until I watched it.
I was really upset with myself! Especially since she had already committed to the action I was asking of her with the first command, just doing it a lot slower than I was wanting.

My parents are totally guilty of that as well, I'm sure it will take some time to bring my 2 back up to a respectable level of listening.

Equinox

I desperately want a puppy from a particular litter next year. But... that means I have a lot to think about regarding timing and finances. Ugh. Why do I have to be at this college/going into grad school age?

Spent 4 hours filming today. The dogs were both troopers.
Yay! Great news :) I take it that Mia was feeling okay?

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
If I hear another person say "oh his tail is tucked he must be sad/upset/aggressive/timid/abused..." about Cobain I might snap.

He is a Border Collie, the breed standard calls for a dropped tail. It falls nicely in line with his hocks, it's not tucked, and that's just the way I like it. He's perfectly fine.

When his tail is up, THAT is when you should be worried. :wall:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
A breeder of ACDs fairly close to us is going to breed his two of his females some time this month. If she is confirmed pregnant and everything goes as planned, then (if my math is right???) that would out the arrival of the puppies around July, and going home around September - October or so.

This guy is a cattle rancher, only has about 6 dogs and while he doesn't show, he does do the necessary Health testing for the breed ... And has beautiful dogs. I hope this works out! I really really do, it's been 5 years almost since I have had a little heeler-demon ram-Rodding around.

FG167

I desperately want a puppy from a particular litter next year. But... that means I have a lot to think about regarding timing and finances. Ugh. Why do I have to be at this college/going into grad school age?
What litter?

If I hear another person say "oh his tail is tucked he must be sad/upset/aggressive/timid/abused..." about Cobain I might snap.
LOL Limit's tail is often down because he's nervous, and I still think people should shut their mouth. It's not like I'm not aware of his mental state.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
:rofl1:
I just posted a video to a FB group on Rigby's distance progress. I said almost every command twice and didn't even notice until I watched it.
I was really upset with myself! Especially since she had already committed to the action I was asking of her with the first command, just doing it a lot slower than I was wanting.

My parents are totally guilty of that as well, I'm sure it will take some time to bring my 2 back up to a respectable level of listening.
LMBO I have been guilty of that too lol, I think we all do it at some point. I am ESP prone to doing it with the old dog who can't hear **** ... But ... In his defense ... He can't hear **** LOL.

I am talking about joe blow dog owner with the untrained dog repeating a comment a thousand times and then saying that the dog is dumb because it won't listen ... Lol.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears

Yay! Great news :) I take it that Mia was feeling okay?
She was and has been! I haven't tried walking her or working her out in this 100F (or nearly) heat though. But she demo'd interior searches just fine.

She's getting a little stir crazy but doing well inside and hanging around the yard. Poor thing needs a sibling that will PLAY with her longer than 5 minutes. She tries but Summer says she is too old.

Slick

Kristina
Haha, does your dog respond to your attempts at doggy language?

I was just lying down on the couch relaxing, and Leo kept throwing/pushing his ball at me. I wasn't really terribly bothered by it and was in a quirky mood, so instead of telling him no, I pulled my lips back and showed him my teeth (without moving or making any other sounds). This resulted in instant calming signals, and immediately leaving me alone.

I am way too proud of my successful doggy language :rofl1:

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Sure, I like when people throw trash in to my completely privacy fenced in yard... Because what dog DOESN'T like cooked chicken wing bones and a little container of coleslaw????? :mad::mad::mad:

Sometimes I hate my neighborhood. This just goes hand in hand with the dog who, rather than just fence barking, decided it would be best to scale the chainlink fence and rush my dogs yesterday. BLAHHHHHH.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Some potentially very exciting things afoot. Potentially. So many reasons why it might not work, but we're going to give it the good 'ol college try. And I'm insane.

No expectations, no high hopes. This will be my mantra.

Members online