1/52 weeks of technical and conceptual photo challenges

Red Chrome

I love GoingNowhere's shot, too (they're all really good, but hers I can really relate to.)

I don't have a remote, or a tripod, but I am going to try to get a photo for this. I might not get it until tomorrow, though, but I suppose that's still in the time limit.
I don't have a remote either, nor a good tripod. I improvised.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
K. This isn't the BEST picture, but I'm proud that I did it on full manual mode with a moving subject. So yeah. I'm learning LOL.

Settings: 1/200 f/5.6 ISO12800
Used built in flash, flash exposure comp. -1/3 (I think.....)

Dogs and cello = my life. And I love teaching tricks and such, hence the jumping over the cello versus posing with it. And Kimma has her tongue out a bit which is adorable.

ETA - I also don't have a remote or tripod LOL. So I had LOTS of outtakes :p

Kootenay

Ok, here is mine...

This is the sign that hangs at the entry of my home and describes it very well. This home houses all that is dearest to me - my dogs, cats, my love, my books, my projects, surrounded by my gardens and horses and the landscape that I love - mountains, lake, forest all ready for exploring.
Shoot, I knew I was going to miss something in my description...good times with friends! another big aspect of home. It's a central hub for fun times!

milos_mommy

I have both, didn't use either!
I'm impressed! How do you get the focus so clear on yourself with a bigger depth of field (unless you don't have a huge depth of field and just went for a bokeh effect? I have to go back and look again :p). Do you use another item in place of yourself and then switch spots with it?

Obviously if you're taking a picture of something other than yourself (your dogs, items, home, etc.) you wouldn't likely use a tripod or remote even if you had those items, but I want to take a photo of myself, and those are tricky to get - I also can't set my self-timer to take a stream of photos, just one at the time, then repress the button and run back into place.

GoingNowhere

I love this shot!
The colors are wonderful and the focus is right on.
Even though this is shot outside and obviously in the cold it makes me feel all cozy.

I love GoingNowhere's shot, too (they're all really good, but hers I can really relate to.)

Thanks guys :) I was proud of it. I did a bit of editing (and vignette adding) on photoshop after taking the photo, which was great for improving my editing skills as well!

milos_mommy

Just manual focused on Abe and made sure my head was at the same level as him.

Here ate my settings fr that shot.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26692828@N04/8344115046/meta/in/photostream
Oh, I meant the photo focused on your hair, with the cell phone picture of Abe in the middle ground and tree in the background! Your hair is so fabulously in focus, how did you do that? My only guess is maybe focused on the fuzzy white blanket/carpet underneath you and lined up with that?

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
Oh, I meant the photo focused on your hair, with the cell phone picture of Abe in the middle ground and tree in the background! Your hair is so fabulously in focus, how did you do that? My only guess is maybe focused on the fuzzy white blanket/carpet underneath you and lined up with that?
Oh yeah wrong thread lol!

I put my cell phone where my head would be focused on that then switched!

Settings for that: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26692828@N04/8344062202/meta/in/photostream

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Mine, squeaking in under the wire as usual. LOL

This one has two layers: it's me, on a trail, in my toe shoes, with a dog - that's very "me" on its own, but it's also a nod to the journey I'm on in life. With a dog by my side and feet on the ground, I can go anywhere and do anything.

Original photo only needed slight exposure adjustment and cropping. Info: 1/500s, f3.5, ISO400, 50mm/f1.8 lens, edited with PS Elements.

Last edited:

Equinox

This is me.

My dog and my camera. Framed book quotes on my wall. The complete inability to find the straight lines and direct paths.

Aperture: f/2.2 Shutter Speed: 1/100 s ISO:1600 Flash: None Used

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm posting this weeks and will come back and discuss these today, you're all doing a great job and this week will be more technically based. Sorry for the slightly absentee OP! Renovating a house in three weeks is time consuming, who knew?

milos_mommy

I have another question.

A large amount of the time, when I shoot, and I'm looking into the camera, whatever I want to focus on looks completely in focus - eyes, foreground object, entire scene, flower...it happens with every depth of field for me. When I get the photos up on my computer, the focus isn't that clear. I don't know if it's my eyes...my slightly older DSLR that has never had a lens cover....or something else? Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

That's only for what you see in the finder though, shouldn't affect camera focus when using auto focus. If it's focused when you look thru finder, it's probably something else.

is there any spot on the picture in focus?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
This is me.

My dog and my camera. Framed book quotes on my wall. The complete inability to find the straight lines and direct paths.

Aperture: f/2.2 Shutter Speed: 1/100 s ISO:1600 Flash: None Used
<3 That picture. So awesome.

I'm gonna follow these just so I can see awesome pictures! ;)

Members online