Favorite holidays and traditions

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Aside from Christmas, my family has never been big on holidays, which has always bummed me out. Since moving in together, Rick and I have started to build our own traditions and I'm loving it. What are some of your favorites?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
For Christmas, we listen to Christmas tunes for an entire month lol. We watch every Christmas movie known to man. We decorate the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. At some point we go for a drive at night to see everyone's Christmas lights and decorations. We bake cookies. Christmas eve we go to the service at our church and it's always a beautiful evening, we come home and spread out the reindeer food on the lawn and settle down for the night with How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the old cartoon one) and before bed we set out cookies and milk and a nice thank you note for Santa. Christmas morning is present palooza and then we all watch the Disney Christmas parade and after that we get ready for the big feast with the uncles, aunts and cousins.

Aside from Christmas (my personal favorite)....

For Halloween, we always take a hayride out to the pumpkin patch and pick our pumpkins, take them home, carve them and roast the seeds. We've done that every year since Hannah turned 1 (we didn't do it the first year of her life since she was only a month old and my lady parts certainly weren't up for a bumpy hayride :rofl1: ). We trick or treat every year as well and then come home and hand out candy to whoever is still out.

Valentine's day, we don't do a lot really but we do make cards and go to the annual Valentine's day party with the mom's group that we've been a part of since she was an infant.

Easter is another one I love. The Easter bunny always leaves goodies for Saturday morning (he comes a day early for little girls who have church on Sunday lol). We get together with the aunts, uncles and cousins for a big feast after church on Sunday and have an Easter egg hunt there and the kids play and have a great time and we usually take a nice stroll after dinner as a group. We make sure to also read about and talk about Jesus' resurrection day.

Mother's day and Father's day, Hannah will make us a craft of some kind (usually a card) and then a special meal is made for the person we are celebrating.

For Brian's birthday, Hannah and I always bake him a cake and decorate it, put candles on it and sing happy birthday.

For my birthday, Hannah and I always go out early Saturday morning for a yard sale marathon :)

July 4th weekend, we always go to the local baseball teams game and watch the big fireworks display and usually have a get together with the extended family for a BBQ

Thanksgiving, we always have a big feast with the extended family.

Each holiday is always accompanied by themed movies, tv shows and bedtime stories :D

Members online

No members online now.