The mighty hunters

Boemy

What caught my attention was that Booster was the one staring out the window, tail lashing. Normally Remy and Shadow are the ones obsessing over birds while he obliviously rolls around on the top platform of the cat tree. Not today! Today his ears were folded up against the glass as he jammed his nose to the window. Remy was crouched beside him, pawing at the window in an attempt to open it.

Sparrows are frequent visitors because I toss birdseed on the balcony. I crept over and looked over the cats' shoulders, slowly so as not to surprise the birds.

Except . . . there weren't any birds.

Booster and Remy were convinced there was SOMETHING out there, though. Booster kept sidling back and forth, eyes fixed on . . . what?

My next thought was to check for bugs, which are nearly as exciting to the cats as birds; being indoor cats, bugs are the only prey they've actually caught before. But no, no bugs caught in the screen, none crawling or climbing outside.

I finally figured it out when a scrap of yellow landed on the balcony. Yes, the mighty hunters were stalking A LEAF. :rolleyes: I wish my camera wasn't out of batteries, because the new leaf caused a flurry of activity, with the cats literally climbing over each other to be closest to it.

Even as I type this, Booster's eyes are still firmly fixed on that leaf.

Boemy

No, no, if I laugh at them they stalk away and indignantly groom their armpits . . . but I will admit I had to leave the room a few times to regain control. :D

Boemy

They are at that! :lol-sign:

Now there's a whole slew of sparrows on the balconey eating some bread I put out. Remy and Shadow are staring and chattering at the birds. Booster is staring at . . . his leaf.

Oh Booster. So special.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
This is one of those cat anomolies Boemy. You know what I mean. They get fixated on something and who the H knows what?

One night I was upstairs getting ready for bed and all of my cats ...suddenly...staired toward the stairs. I was creepy. It was then that it dawned on me that when cats collectively get fixated on a noise, you can't really tell whether it's just the house settling or Jack the Ripper is coming up the stairs.

Members online

No members online now.