my beagle pees on my bed!!!

beagle36

my 1 year old beagle pees on my bed, constantly! ill let him out many times a day yet he will still jump on the bed and pee. after he does it he will get scared... so he knows he has done something wrong. why does he do it and how can i fix this?

NemoGirl

:) Hi,
Is he neutered? It sounds like marking to me.. Not that neutering can fix that but I was just wondering:) You may also want to check with the vet to makes sure there is no urinary infection.. If its marking google it there are some good articles and help out there.
Andrea:)

ACooper

I would start by baby gating you bedroom door! Then vet check........LOL

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Ditto on the neuter and vet. After that, Buy a new mattress and keep him out of the room when he's unsupervised. The reason I say buy a new mattress is your post sounds as if he's marked the one you have but good, it's become a habit, and he's always going to smell where he's been. And we all know about the beagle nose.

beagle36

wow... he isnt neutered.. thats weird how you guys knew that. lol.... even when we are watching him , ... somehow he still sneaks on the bed. do u think if we neuter him it will help?

NemoGirl

wow... he isnt neutered.. thats weird how you guys knew that. lol.... even when we are watching him , ... somehow he still sneaks on the bed. do u think if we neuter him it will help?
No it wont help with marking , but to Neuter I feel is just better for your dog, please give it some thought..You just need to read things about marking there are so many approaches to it, it's a battle but it can be won..
Good Luck,
Andrea

Members online