Chinese Medicine

ShadowCat

Whippet Lover
My dog has hemangiosarcoma and we started giving him chemotherapy. The chemo was very toxic to him and it nearly killed him. He got infections because his immune system was very weak and he lost a lot of white blood cells as well as just feeling sick all the time. Now he is doing better (the chemo was given 2-3 weeks ago). The oncologist told us that he would not give Alex, my dog, any more chemo because it might kill him. Of course we agreed to this. Hopefully since the chemo was so toxic to him, the cancer may have really been affected. Now my mother (I'm only 14, so she's the one making the final decisions) is looking into holistic medicine. We asked a holistic vet that helped us when one of our other dogs became partially paralyzed to give us some advice. She told us that there was a Chinese vet at the University that practiced Chinese medicine on animals. My mother is going to see him on Tuesday I think. Does anyone have any information on Chinese medicine or any other advice on this?

Athebeau

ShadowCat, I don't know if you read the information I gave you on your last post. Here is the post I am referring to
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17913

I gave the information to contact Professor Henry Lai, Ph. D., University of WAshington, Seattle (206) 543-1071 or e-mail [email protected]

Dr Lai has specialized in holistic approaches to cancer. He has been VERY successful. I listed some of the herbs they use including Artemisinin which they have had a lot of success with. Also people with dogs with hemangiosarcoma have had great success using Systemic oral enzyme therapy as well as Wobenzym.

Of course diet makes a huge impact as well. I breifly went over the importance of low to no Carb diet...cancer feeds on Carbs.

Good luck to you,

ShadowCat

Whippet Lover
I'm sorry, I must have skipped over your last post. Eh, now I feel kind of stupid. I'll read the info that you posted. Thanks, I'm sorry for skipping over it earlier.

Athebeau

No problem.;)

I hope everything works out for you. I have seen so many success stories with using chinese herbal medicine that it just amazes me.

Members online

No members online now.