Tomorrow

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I'm gonna go look for one of these:

Winter white dwarf hamster. <3

It's been too long since I've had hamsters. I used to be obsessed with them and had tons. I miss my old winter white, Willow, and I'm gonna try to find another like her. We'll see! I'll probably try to handle some to see what they're like, and if I don't find what I want, I'll wait.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
They had one, but before we got there we'd decided on possibly trying to get two (if they didn't get along we could easily separate them) so we decided to wait and get ones that had been together from the start instead of giving that one its own space and then bringing in another.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
All I can add to this is:

Cid is awesome. LOL Best little hamster I've ever had. I've never been able to get him to change color in the winter (probably because I flip on the lights when it gets dark :cool:), but he's living with Mike now and he keeps his apartment rather dark, so we may see a difference this winter!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Eeeeeee he is so cute!! I have been sick with bronchitis so I haven't been able to get out to look around again. I'm going to call around today and see if anyone has any.

*blackrose

I honestly got Cid from Petsmart. Well, my friend did, then she gave him to me after he peed on her daughter. :-/

My Russian Dwarf, Pikachu, came from Petsmart, too. I've actually had nothing but good experiences buying from them. Both were healthy, well taken care of, and very good tempered; they came to me tame.

And, from my understanding, unless you are getting two females, make sure you have a large enough cage. Two male littermates have a very good chance of getting along, but they still need a large enough cage to each have their own space. But I kept two Russian girlies together and they were best buds (also littermates).

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I'm planning to get a pretty big cage for them. I'm still trying to find one I like though. The ones I'm looking at are 24x14" or 28x17". I can't find the one I used to have on petsmart.com but I found two that are similar looking, and those are the dimensions. I could've sworn mine was more like 32". It was listed as a rat cage.

Yeah I usually get my hamsters at petsmart honestly. However, the best ones I've gotten have been from oops litters on Craigslist that I've found. When you get them that young they are much easier to hand tame. My ww, Willow was from Petsmart though and she was awesome.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Turns out I am not getting a hamster for now. Why? There is a distinct possibility that I will be ending up with one of these:

[photo from google-this isn't the one I'm getting]

I am soooooo happy. I've been wanting a bunny for so long, and my dad finally agreed to "possibly" let us get one. We had a bad experience with our last one, so my dad is really hesitant (the rabbit cost us our $1,500 pet deposit at a rental house we had) but I've tried to remind him repeatedly that it wasn't the rabbits fault, I was 13 and wasn't very responsible. I'm now 21, and will be financially responsible for it as well as 100% responsible for its care. I'm excited. :)

*blackrose

Oooooh, hooray! :D How exciting, shower us with pictures when you bring one home! ^^

I've never owned a rabbit, but Mike grew up with them (Holland Lops) and he loves them. Whenever we get a place that they can be safely housed indoor/outdoor, we'll probably get some.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I will!! Thank you! Oh my goodness we looked at some yesterday...EEEEEP! They were so precious! I am so excited to get one. We've mostly decided on waiting til Christmas to get him/her so it can be somewhat of a surprise. My dad knows basically what look we want (probably white with some color spot- tan, brown, black-like the one pictured above, grey) and the temperament we want (sweet, holdable, not too kicky and def not bitey). I think everyone has that dream of waking up and finding an adorable pet under the tree lol!

Aw that's exciting! You'll love them. They need to be handled quite a bit in the beginning so they'll be tame and holdable but when they are, they are SO sweet. I've had tons of rabbits. My parents used to breed Netherland Dwarfs (they really didn't know what they were doing) so we've been around a ton of them and the only mean one we had was Raven and it was only when she had babies that she was mean. She would grunt and bite at you if you reached in her cage to clean it out. But after babies were gone she was fine.

I got some pictures of the ones we played with yesterday, I will post them later. SOOOCUTE!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
They are so soft! Friends of ours growing up bred rabbits (it's where my parents got the idea) and they had Rex rabbits (really all kinds, we got our Netherlands from them).

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
They are so soft! Friends of ours growing up bred rabbits (it's where my parents got the idea) and they had Rex rabbits (really all kinds, we got our Netherlands from them).
Sooooo soft. My last rabbit was a Holland lop. He was a rescue that I fostered for a local rabbit rescue and I wish I could have just kept him. I'll have to dig up some pics for you.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Aw I'd love that! I had a mini lop as my first bunny. Got her for my 2nd? Birthday. I loved her soooo much and want another someday. My dad only agreed to the Netherlands because they are super small.

Members online