EUth list for Friday. After one year of non euthing the shelter has no choice

e-mail from AC James Collins

"Hello All,
I know this sounds grim. I don't have any choice. Here is a list of animals that will die on Friday 8/21 if no one can step in to save them. Some babies may have to leave us today because of lack of space. If you are a local rescue or can contact a local rescue, please come today. I am happy to stay late, meet after hours, drive to Louisville or Frankfort to save these babies. I don't want to put anyone down. It has been 15 months since the last adoptable animal died at my hands but for the health and comfort of the animals here now and the ones that are knocking our doors down to come in, I have to do it.
Please look at this list. Click the pictures for more details. This is a firm list. If all of the animals on this list are not pulled by Friday, they will have to be PTS."

See picutres

It's Raining Cats & Dogs In West Virginia: August 19, 2009 The Animals Who Have Been Chosen To Be Killed At Overcrowded KY Shelter.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Oh wow, that's sad :( I'm curious as to how they chose would be euthed... just save their faves, and kill the rest? Or is there an actual method to their decision...

I do not envy them having to make that decision, that's for sure

Jesslough, It is sad to have to choose. I think that several things go into the Ac's decision as to who gets PTS. They may include adoptability and length of time at shelter. Age may be a factor. Shelters may have various things they consider. Some don't give strays anytime. Anyways maybe someone on the board knows more about this than I do.

James Collins at Shelby works tirelessly with volunteers to save lives. He does not want to kill anyone. It is an endless search for adopters, rescuers, and funds.

Last edited:

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Were any of the dogs on the kill list saved? I really hope so.
I can tell you for a fact that Hunter was one of several that were transported out of the shelter--he was one of the dogs that were on a transport that I drove for. He has already been adopted into a home. He was very sweet.

Ivy

That is really good to hear. You are an angel to that dog and any others that you helped transport that day.

Members online

No members online now.