Why does Norris lick his butt so much??

Sweet72947

Squishy face
And by that, I mean his actual anus. He doesn't lick it every night, but multiple times a week, and for like 15 or 20 minutes at a time. I think it was three weeks ago I took him to the vet for his distemper shot and had them express his anal glands while he was there, and they said they were mostly fine, just one was a little full. It never looks red or anything, and he's on Sentinel for fleas and internal parasites, so I don't think he has any parasites or anything. Norris never has any trouble pooping. I feed him TOTW dry with pumpkin on it, because he easily has diarrhea and feeding him kibble with pumpkin every day is the only thing I've found that keeps his stools normal. And its not always a food that makes him have diarrhea, a trip to the vet is enough to upset his stomach terribly for a day or two!

Sometimes after licking Norris will sit down with his butt flat and look at me uncomfortably and even stress pant a little. He licks his genital area too sometimes, although mostly it's his anus.

Brattina88

I could be wrong, but My money's on anal glands... Do you know how to check or express them? Maybe you could ask your vet to show you next time

Members online

No members online now.