Tis The Season

Bofinger

Bo In Commentary:

It’s that time of the year when parents go out shopping to meet our gift getting needs. In this article some of the top gifts of the year for pets are identified.

“As with last year, many pet owners want items that are fun,†says Steve Burdeaux, Dog/Cat Radio manager. “However, this year many pet owners have said they will be shopping for a bit more sophisticated gifts.â€

I ask, “If a gift isn’t fun (or edible) , is it truly a gift?â€

“Now a days humans want the best for their furry guys,†says Jane Harris, radio host. “Pet owners will spend whatever the amount so long as their pets are safe and happy.â€

I can’t disagree with that statement. Let’s face it, we’re fuzzy, cute and loveable. You know what isn’t fuzzy, cute and loveable? Money. Don’t believe me? Just take a look at that picture of George Washington on the dollar bill. You want to cuddle with a man with wooden teeth? Exactly.

Among the top ten pet items: a self-cleaning cat litter box, drinking water bowl with filtration system, anti-bark sprays, plush dolls, gift-certificates (pet resorts, day cares, grooming) and various healthy organic treats.

A self cleaning cat litter box … Where would I go to get my kitty snickers?

Drinking water bowl … I already got one that refills itself everytime I bark.

Anti-bark sprays … Frankly, that’s not much of a gift. It’s like giving my father an anti-fart spray.

Plush dolls … I’m past that stage of my life unless it’s one of those blow up chihuahua plush dolls.

Gift certificates … If it were to Chilis maybe, but to dog grooming?

Healthy treats … I believe that’s an oxymoron. I hope I didn’t offend any dogs named Oxy.

I hope my parents don’t take their cue from this article for gift giving. If they do, it’s going to be a disappointing Christmas season.

I know, I know…it’s the thought that counts. I hope my parents do me a favor and stop thinking.

Bahh humbug.

(A blog by a dog for all dogs. Read more at www.boknowsonline.com)

Members online