The Venting Thread

Xandra

We could play this game all day!
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/castrate?s=t

Perhaps most important is to scroll down to the definition from the American Heritage Medical Dictionary.

My co-worker said the first time he heard "castrate" used in terms of a gender neutral process was on an episode of Law & Order. So Law & Order agrees too.
Law & Order.
You're right, we could. I'll gonna take my Oxford definition though. Oxford is the king dictionary and castrate is just soo not a female term lol.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Darn you Candy Crush Saga game.... I have lots that I could or should be doing but Instead I'm determined to beat ALL THE LEVELS!!!!!!!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Snarky? I don't see anyone as being snarky here :dunno: it just seems to me like "words with friends" lol like I say someone with a differing opinion or interpretation of a word does make them "snarky" or "with attitude" everyone grew up learning definitions differently.

With horses ... The term "geld" or "castrate" is used in relation to the surgery preformed on a male horse. Since I the medical dictionary, the term castrate literally means "to remove the testicles of a male animal ... ANIMAL ... It isn't species specific.

In my younger days I worked a few summers at a Vet clinic & the term always used to explain the surgery to remove the reproductive organs of a female was a SPAY surgery, the common laymen's terms I have heard is "altering" or "fixing"

Saeleofu

I'm so conflicted. One of my coworkers posted a picture from Heeling Autsm/Autism Speaks on my wall on FB. I know she means well, but those are two organizations I loathe. I tried to educate politely, but I also know she's ultrasensitive, so I hope she doesn't get hurt by it :(

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm so conflicted. One of my coworkers posted a picture from Heeling Autsm/Autism Speaks on my wall on FB. I know she means well, but those are two organizations I loathe. I tried to educate politely, but I also know she's ultrasensitive, so I hope she doesn't get hurt by it :(
I'm an alumna of Alpha Xi Delta an our national philanthropy is Autism speaks, it's not an effort of wrong doing but likely a lack of exposure of wrong doing. As long as you post is friendly, gentle, maybe private if she's sensitive, and backed by facts or valid reasoning of opinion it shouldn't be an issue.

Red Chrome

How bout we just castrate,neuter and spay all the asshole people who no show to appointments regardless of gender. Oh.....screw it...just cull all the assholes.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Sooo, one of the cats knocked a candle down and set one of the offices in our house on fire...great!

Toller_08

I had a perfect weekend. Best weekend I've had in a long time. Then, Sunday night, our land lady came to the door and said we have to move. Why? Because she moved to BC, but couldn't find a job comparable to the one she'd had here, and ended up moving back to my city. We knew when she moved back that we were likely going to have to move... just a feeling. She said we were fine though, so we didn't look. We'd even thought about buying the house we're in eventually, as that had been discussed. But now she wants to move back into the house we're in, which means we have to leave. Thankfully we have a few months to do so, but ideally she wants to move back in ASAP.

I'm so sad. This house is so perfect for us. It's set up so nicely for the dogs, and it's just a really nice house in general. I know we'll be able to find another place to live, but I'm really going to miss this one. We won't be able to find another one that compares to this house I don't think. Especially with a yard that has a gravel run seperated from the actual yard, which has been awesome with dogs. The location is ideal as well for my brother in regards to work and school, and it works well for me too to get to/from work easily and it's within walking distance from dog training. I'm hoping we'll find another house in the same area, but I know that's going to be a longshot.

And, to top it off, we're supposed to take care of this little Pug next month and now our landlady is saying we're not allowed to have any dogs in this house other than our own. Which is absurd to me, as she's a dog person (Flat Coated Retriever breeder), and our dogs have not wrecked anything. What's up with the stipulations all of a sudden? It's weird.

Also: Never rent a house from anybody without doing a proper walkthrough and documenting all damages first. This lady is a friend of a friend, and we had a bit of a false sense of security I guess and never did that. Now I'm worried we're going to be blamed for the pet damage that her dogs and her last litter here caused, eventhough I know for a fact my dogs have done absolutely nothing. They don't chew, they don't dig, they don't play rough in the house so haven't scratched the baseboards or walls, they don't jump on doors, the yard is in better condition than ever... my dogs have ruined nothing. She better not blame our dogs for anything, but I worry that she might try.

Oh well, not much we can do. We took excellent care of this house. It's in better condition now than when we moved in (omg... the cleaning when we moved in was awful), and we filled in the holes in the yard that her dogs dug. It just kind of sucks to have this dropped on us.

I hate renting. I never actually even unpacked most of my stuff, because a rented home never feels exactly like home to me. But my mom doesn't want to buy yet, and I can't afford to buy yet (hopefully within the next 5 years), so here we go again. Hopefully wherever we end up we can stay a while.

Sooo, one of the cats knocked a candle down and set one of the offices in our house on fire...great!
Oh no! I hope there wasn't much damage.

Last edited:

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Oh no! I hope there wasn't much damage.
That really sucks about the place you're renting, we've been pretty lucky with our landlord being so flexible about pets.

And no, no big damage, just a chair and some of the carpeting. With all the paper around, it was pretty lucky. Thankfully we could laugh it off. It's just, why cats, why must you do this kind of stuff when someone leaves the room for five minutes. :rolleyes:

Hillside

Original Twin
I just got served papers for a past due medical bill. I shouldn't even HAVE this bill in the first place. The services were supposed to be covered by my insurance. Which is fine, I would have paid it, BUT the good old post office has been very spotty about delivering my mail. So now I'm double mad.

Members online

No members online now.