Do I take him with?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
So, I recently got a job at a dog daycare where I can take a dog to work with me. Thursday is one of my days where I work a four hour shift, but I have Nosework with Rider right after.

I'd really like to take him with me, but I'm wondering if he would be too wiped out already after playing at daycare. Thoughts?

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Do they have crates to give him a break? Take him, play, crate, go to NW?

Mine go to work with me alternating which each day and we play/hang out for two hours in the morning during check in, they crate while I work, we play/train/hang out at lunch, back in crates, and wednesday we do class after or monday they play demo dog while I train. Mine aren't play group appropriate but if they were I might play them occasionally.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Is there anybody quiet for him to rest? Merlin is quite a bit younger but I know after a day of partying with other dogs, he gets tired and cranky like a toddler and can be "off" with other dogs that bug him and just spends the whole time stressed looking for someplace to settle down and nap.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Do they have crates to give him a break? Take him, play, crate, go to NW?

Mine go to work with me alternating which each day and we play/hang out for two hours in the morning during check in, they crate while I work, we play/train/hang out at lunch, back in crates, and wednesday we do class after or monday they play demo dog while I train. Mine aren't play group appropriate but if they were I might play them occasionally.
That sounds like a perfect setup! Jealous. Rider is the only dog we have right now that is play group friendly, which is why he is the one that goes to work with me. Haha.

Is there anybody quiet for him to rest? Merlin is quite a bit younger but I know after a day of partying with other dogs, he gets tired and cranky like a toddler and can be "off" with other dogs that bug him and just spends the whole time stressed looking for someplace to settle down and nap.
They do have crates, and rotate dogs frequently (which is part of my job!). Also, he could go hang out in the office area.

I've just been struggling keeping his drive (except tonight he rocked it!), so I was worried about him having too much fun, and then being super tired going to NW and just quitting when he couldn't find the hide. Next week, we have a break from class. So I will do a little "trial" and take him, then go straight home and work him on NW and see how it goes.

Members online