Sometimes I'm very happy to have LITTLE dogs!

And today is a very good example. The sidewalks to my apartment are covered with ice this morning. I'm really not a graceful person on ice, so it's very easy for me to fall on my.....hiney. I'm thanking my lucky stars that Roxie is only 12 pounds because she was pulling like crazy to try to play in the snow. If she were any bigger I'd have a very sore bottom right now! :)

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Zoey could and would pull me down, and she's a mini aussie, but that's why I don't walk her on ice :p

Sasha (Great Dane) can and has pulled me down, and can do it on dirt aswell! :)

Paige

Let it be
My boys were taken out for a walk on solid ice today and I didn't get pulled over once. Fell on my own a few times but never from them. But if they pulled... oh god.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
ive seen people go flying while walking a badly behaved 8 lb chihuahua on ice...

personally when the ice comes in, free playtime in the garden is before ANY structured walk.

Paige

Let it be
^I let the boys play for an hour before we walked today. For my safety!

I walk the sled dogs on ice without getting pulled down and I am anything but graceful! LOL Its all about training. I have taught my guys the command "slow" which means we are on slippery/difficult/steep terrain and to take it super easy and cautiously.

Yeah.....teaching Roxie anything at this point has been next to impossible. I've never had such a neurotic dog in all my life! :D I love her, but she drives me crazy! Joey knows not to pull, so I don't have to worry about him, but Roxie is my demon child at the moment. As soon as she gets excited, she completely ignores what she's learned about pulling. Anyone want a Min Pin? She's cute!:D:p

milos_mommy

after getting milo, any big dog i adopt is going to be older, because no way can i handle an 80 pound puppy full time.

Brattina88

I think you need a big dog to help steady you when you start to slip or fall... like Missy does! :p :D

Not had any troubles on ice, but there were a few times out at the farm when it was muddy and Kharma saw a cow out of place . . . . Glad I have good balance. I've left a couple of tracks ten feet long or more on that slick clay mud.

It's kinda fun - once the ride is over :D

Kayla

I wish Duke would drop 55lbs or so so he would only weigh 10lbs as his idea of a joke today on our offleash hike was to run up full speed to me on an ice patch and push me over, I've just never been able to enjoy his sense of humor

Maybe ill stop feeding him to encourage rapid weight loss.;)

Members online

No members online now.